Alternative blog page style for blog entry?

Is there way to get Rapidweaver to use a different page style for blog entries? For example, on the main blog page I want to use a sidebar, but when an entry is clicked, I want that page to not have a sidebar.

I’m actually using Armadillo for my site, and Armadillo uses Rapidweaver styles. It seems Rapidweaver automatically uses the plug-in page styles for blog entries and there doesn’t seem to be a way to override this behavior.

Must it be Armadillo blog?

Yes (I’ve invested the time to figure it out and I like how it’s working for my site)

Then I guess it will only be possible with custom CSS styles you would have to apply to summary and main content, which then changes the behavior of the themes sidebar.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Jannis. But it raises a question for me:

If I didn’t want the sidebar on blog entry pages, how could a custom CSS style be added when those entry pages are auto-generated by RW (using the stylesheet for the blog plug-in page)? Am I missing something about the way RW blogs work?

If you use a summary content for blog list, and a main content for blog entry (details), you would be able to add custom CSS style to the blog entry content in armadillo, which then hides the sidebar via that CSS.

Of course that’s pure custom and must be adapted to the theme you use…

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.