Annoying Upgrade Pop-up window

Yes, it certainly looks that way.

They are nothing but a bunch of internet trolls. We all have a good chuckle here at Realmac at the things they post, it’s all so misguided and ill-informed.

Very sad indeed.

I think I can say: we, no we’re not! We want to work with a tool that does it’s job. A Halti hammer doesn’t nag about an upgrade!
The whole upgrade to v8.9.4 seems to be that it just installed the upgrade notification. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Then why that response Dan, why?
It’s a douche move.

Go circle jerk with your buddies at rw4all.

1 Like

Eloquent…

1 Like

I’m not sure why you keep coming back to this forum.

We’re here to try and help our customers, but it seems you are only interested in causing more trouble.

Uh… am I not a customer?

But true

Yes, but you don’t seem to require any help, you’re just causing trouble…

We find it very sad as we’re genuinely kind people and just want to support our users.

Please provide an option to remove the pop-up.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, as mentioned above we’ll get this option added to a future RW8 release.

1 Like

I tried it in a Slack web group, as a hobby it’s extremely over rated.

2 Likes

I agree… annoying.

1 Like

I’m semi-retired now so I don’t have much use for RW these days, but I still support some clients when they need updates. Anyway, I think I said on this forum a few years back that any business that relies on a third-party for core functionality and/or support is asking for trouble. Isiah has gone AWOL a few times recently, so I completely understand Dan’s position.

And the RW upgrade screen is no more annoying than the pop-ups many RW users rave about and add without thinking to every page possible.

I’ll stick with 8 for now, but I don’t see any reason not to get Elements when it’s released. Stacks App is a non-starter for me.

2 Likes

Ha ha. Indeed.

I love using RW, it got my business on the web and I have helped many others do the same. But…

I agree with the subscription concerns. I think things were just fine with paying for a new version when available. I have been a user for 15 years. I like your product, but I dont like even a hint of subscription. I moved from Adobe’$ model to Serif Affinity products just for that reason alone.

The second concern is that so far it is very confusing how you launched all this starting back in April announcing RW9. I really have no idea what is different from Classic and Elements, and RW8 which works great. Why did RW9 not evolve? Is it Classic, or is it Elements? Is Elements Like Adobe Elements, just a watered down product? I also dont have a clue what the dispute is that is alluded to frequently. It concerns me that above, you have given one of your potential options when this detour occurred, to going out of business.

I believe everyone deserves to get paid for their product. But you are asking us to pay for upgrades that have no relevancy today. In essence promising us that there will always be a new shiny product at renewal.

I hope that you take a step back and look at the average joe using your product and explain a bit fuller what the heck is going on. I am not upgrading past 8 till any of this makes sense.

The pop up is the least of our worries at the moment.

Thank you,

3 Likes

When you purchase a license for RapidWeaver Classic you get one full year (12-months) of updates and new features. The App and license are yours to keep after the 12 months are up, RapidWeaver will continue to run forever, you just won’t receive updates to it.

If you decide you want the latest version, you can purchase another year of updates and new features from our Online Store. As an existing customer, you’ll receive a significant discount.

When you purchase directly from our online store, which offers you the same secure-buying experience as the Mac App Store store, you’re paying for a perpetual license that is yours to keep, forever.

By moving to this type of licensing, we won’t have to disappear for 6-12 months to develop the next big paid upgrade release. Instead, the app will continually evolve with new exciting innovations and features. This kind of development cycle leads to users getting new features on a regular basis.

You own the version of the RapidWeaver app you paid for. And that includes all the updates and features released within the following 12 months.

1 Like

I have noticed that nearly all other software companies (even single person developers) develop both at the same time. They don’t “disappear for 6-12 months”. They multi-task. Just an idea.

Absolutey untrue, especially for smaller teams like ourselves.

For example; the 1.x of a product will not receive many updates while version 2.0 is being worked on (certainly not new features). As the developers get closer to the 2.0 launch, the older version of the app will stop receiving updates altogether.

1 Like

“…the older version of the app will stop receiving updates altogether.”

Not for years, perhaps a month or two. At least that is what your competitors are doing and have been doing for years. Even while developing multiple apps in different markets.

However, obviously you are free to run your business as you wish. It was just my thoughts.