Armadillo Blog - navigation stack

Try putting the Armadillo stuff in a one column stack.

The theme or non theme was set to 1000 wide I think .

When armadillo creates a new page where does it draw the page settings and dimensions from ? At the moment the new page does seem to have any settings. Does it create the page from a theme page - if so how does one style that master page

Leigh: Yes, Aramadillo takes its “cue” from the theme. There’s nothing (or not much) to do in Armadillo in this regards. You’ll need to set up your Foundation container as you want, drop the relevant Aramdillo stack inside of it.

hmmm i understand that , I’m not sure how Armadillo creates a new page from within the dash board - if it draws its ‘cue’ from Foundation , that means there must be somewhere to add said information.
I dont think making a random page within the said page stack will suffice. But then I could be wrong !! again …

You always need to “match” the new page or content area with something in your RW project. If you create a new page that is named “mynotes” then there needs to be a page within your RW project that has this “mynotes” ID associated with it.

Specifically everything will have a content ID on the Armadillo side. When you drag an Armadillo Page stack, or typically more useful, an Armadillo Solo Content stack, they will need the “content ID” completed in the Stack sidebar.

You can create the Armadillo solo content first, the link via RW. I believe there’s also no problem creating the solo content stack and ID in RW first, publishing, then finding in Armadillo online. There’s also an auto-create option in RW relevant stack so you don’t accidentally give two different content areas in Armadillo the same ID#.

OK my understanding of armadillo new pages was wrong then , for some reason i had presumed that armadillo made a new page with in itself. But in fact it makes a new page that must be embedded with a RW page.
So that means the only difference between a new Page and a container is that a new page creates page name in the armadillo menu … i think…

… perhaps you are correct. Not sure. What are you trying to accomplish?

… overall it’s simpler + better to use the Solo Content approach rather than new pages. But either can work.

There’s a bit of unclarity (for me) in terms of what you are trying to accomplish so I don’t want to lead you down the wrong road!

… yes, a new Page will add to the menu. I don’t use the Armadillo menu myself so that part I’m less clear on myself. In general Solo Content allows a person to add content to a specific page created in RW and put into a menu navigation approach you’ve chosen with Foundation.

I think you’re talking about the more traditional blog, not solo content?
Armadillo-like the built-in blog(and most blogs like Wordpress), stores the content to generate the posts. The theme and the page you place them on determines the format.
Splitting content and format gives you the flexibility to quickly change the form without having to go back and change all the posts on your blog.

I m going through both areas really , I know it all gets a bit muddled ,
The blog side is sorted now , I had a big misunderstanding about new pages , and how they work. But think I’ve got that now from help here.
I am really stuck with images being added to content areas. There doesn’t appear any information about that anywhere.

If images can be added to content areas.
The only way I’ve found is combining easy cms and armadillo , ECms taking care of the images where necesssary . But who knows it’s all a mystery

I don’t really know what I’m trying to do lol , it’s all very vague tbh!!!
Basically I’m trying to fully understand armadillo , there are aspects I do like ie the content areas , very easy to implement . Easy cms is great too but can get abit overwhelming lol . I liked armadillos one content area with an id.
But as I stated in the other reply , armadillo and images are just an impossibility !!!
There’s no manual or instruction that I can find on the developers website.
I’ve said it a hundred times manuals should be written by ppl like me not the developers ! They know way too much where as I know nothing There fore the manual would be a lot more helpful lol!
Make a video on images and how to get the into armadillo and I’ll buy you several beers :wink:

Adding images is very easy in Armadillo.
On the create new post screen select the insert image:

That will give you a screen to select a file from your Mac, drag an image or choose one that has already been uploaded:

You may need to add a bit of CSS for formatting.

For example to make the images responsive:
.armadilloContent img { max-width: auto; height: auto; }

2 Likes

Hi that works for a blog post / image but can you add an image to a content section ? When I click image I get this

The http// etc etc but thanks for code for the image sizing that will useful :slight_smile:

You have markdown selected in your settings for the content editor. You can choose rich text if you or basic editor if you want to drag and drop.

If you want to use Markdown than you media tab to manage your images. From within the media manager, if you right click the action column view button you can copy the link address for that image to replace the
http://

1 Like

Thank you I’ll have a play tomorrow

1 Like

thank you thats really helpful , not sure about the drag and drop but the right click and link worked perfectly.
Wish that was in the instruction page :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.