Best add ons for photos website of multiple layers of folders

Greetings to all,

I have just joined the Rapidweaver community. I built a website (www.kilim.ie) for my antique kilim rugs using iWeb for Mac nearly 20 years ago, so I guess it’s time for an update! It still works ok but of course isn’t optimised for phones and tablets etc.

My question to the community, before I invest in any add ons such as stacks, is to ask what I need for Rapidweaver to build a website with multiple folder layers, primarily consisting of photos of several hundred rugs?

That is to say: 1. A home page showing photo icons of folders of 24 categories of rugs. 2. Within these a second layer of folders with photo icons of each rug in that category. 3. Within these folders showing a folder icon for each rug, detailed photos of the individual rugs.

This wasn’t so straightforward to do when I used iWeb and I had to customise it. So if anyone with experience of using Rapidweaver with such multiple layers can give me any advice before I start, I would be most grateful.

Hugh

Hi Hugh and welcome,

I took a quick look at the site, and you can easily create a similar site with RapidWeaver using the stacks plugin and a few additional stacks.

You could use the basic stacks that come with the stacks plugin and a Gallery stack.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions Doug, much appreciated

Hi @HughR,

As @teefers mentioned, definitely get the Stacks from Yourhead, so you can add other stacks to your project.

@instacks has a great stack called Gallery3 : https://instacks.com/gallerystack/

also Stacks4stack.com has also a great gallery stack called ProGallery: https://stacks4stacks.com/progallery/index.php

Both @willwood and @instacks produce high quality software and provide great support.

Cheers,

Ricardo

2 Likes

Hi Ricardo.

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my query. I will check out the stack you mention.

Best wishes from West Cork, Ireland,

Hugh

1 Like

Hi Hugh,

My pleasure, don’t hesitate to ask for help and suggestions.

Cheers from Florida!

Ricardo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.