Big Problem Can't Publish

I can’t publish, when I start Rapidweaver here are the messages that I am getting:

1. “RapidBot.rapidweaverplugin” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
    This software needs to be updated. Contact the Developer for more information.
    Rapidweaver 8 created this file on an unknown date.

2. “ RapidCart.rapidweaverplugin” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
    This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
    Rapidweaver 8 created this file on an unknown date.

3. Rapidweaver failed to load some plugins
    RapidBot: Couldn’t obtain plugin principal class
    RapidCart: Couldn’t obtain plugin principal class
    Would you like to check for updates?

Then I have an option to Cancel or Update Plugins - When I hit the Update Plugin option nothing happens.

Please Help - I can’t publish!

Thanks,
Alan

Sounds as if you upgraded to Catalina?

You need to update those plugins:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for getting back to me!
I am using Catalina 10.15.1
I am using the latest versions. Even tried to download them again.
I am getting the message that “RapidCart.rapidweaverplugin” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Then I get the option to update plugins but nothing gets updated.

I’m not running Catalina, but my understanding is that you can’t just click on the option to update. It’s kinda a ”Catalina catch 22”, it won’t load the plugin so it can’t do the update.

You have to go to the plugin vendors site, download the Catalina friendly version, and manually install them.

If you have already downloaded the latest version then try to manually install it.

You are so nice to try an help me!!
When I go to the vendors site I don’t see any option for the Catalina Friendly Version.
I have already downloaded the latest version and don’t know how to manually install it.
Thanks
Alan

The download is a dmg. Double click on the dmg and you should see something like this:2019-12-06_10-16-51

I have done as you suggested above:
I still get the message: “RapidCart.rapidweaverplugin” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
The software needs to be updated.

The only other thing I can suggest you try is if RapidWeaver is running try Draging the Plugin on to the iRapidWeaver Icon in the Doc.

As I said I’m not on Catalina, so I can only go by the instructions from RealMac and RapidCart Pro.

@rob?

Hi Alan,
I confirm that latest versions of our plugins are compatible with macOS 10.15 (aka Catalina).

I’m assuming you’re trying to install the right versions, but you may want to double check it inspecting plugin version before trying to install (control + click on it and choose “Get info”). Latest version numbers are listed on our website.

Also, if you’re using a non-standard location for RapidWeaver plugins, I’d suggest trying to revert to default location from RapidWeaver preferences > Addons > Addons location > Managed by RapidWeaver.

I’ve been reported similar issues when using a plugin folder synced with other Macs (e.g. through Dropbox or similar sync services).

If you can’t solve your problem, I’d suggest to drop us an email at help@4gnd.com and we’ll be happy to assist.

Yes I have right version installed.
Yes it is set to be managed by Rapidweaver.

Wait, your issue might be simpler than expected.

“RapidCart.rapidweaverplugin” is RapidCart 3, which is an obsolete product, discontinued in 2015 and not updated for Catalina.

Just delete the plugin and install “RapidCartPro.rapidweaverplugin”, that is latest RapidCart Pro 4.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.