Because of the problem I reported with StyledText and bulleted lists and with the advice of Mathew, I have developed a cheat-sheet / Markdown Stack page that lays out all the tools I use most frequently to build the webpages for the sites I run.
It has been included as the last menu item on the test website I created to demonstrate the original problem:
It is interesting to note that I found two methods for inserting an image in a Markdown Stack page:
One way is to use the standard Markdown instruction for image insertion. HOWEVER I discovered almost by accident that in order for the image to render on the active website the instruction must include two period characters before the initial / of the path to the image file. Without them an incorrect path is apparently created by Rapidweaver and then the server can’t find the image file.
Note: this method renders properly on the active website – but only shows an empty box in Preview mode. This seems to be unaffected by the mode for links selected (Settings/General/Advanced/Link addressing). Another bug it would appear…
The second is to use a Rapidweaver resource macro to do it – just as you would use on a Styled Text page or a Text Stack page.
This renders correctly in Preview mode and on the active website.
NB: In a previous thread, I reported a bug I encountered in the use of the Rapidweaver resource macro for image insertion on a webpage. I found that it seemed to work randomly, sometimes doing the job perfectly and sometimes not.
I carefully inspected the html code created from Edit mode text. I found that the resources macros that did not work properly had extraneous html formatting instructions inserted within the resource macro - making it gibberish. There was no evidence of this formatting to the writer in Edit mode.
I have managed to make the resource macro work as it should by:
- typing a resource macro as plain text.
- verifying that this worked in Preview mode.
- verifying that this worked on the actual site.
- using this macro as a template for all other image resource macros on the site – BUT modifying it as necessary ONLY by erasing and retyping characters as required to cite the correct image and path.
This seems to indicate that using copy and paste within a resource macro is activating bug.
The bug is active in both the Styled Text page and the Styled Text Stack.