Can't save modfications

no, just trying to have the new settings applied on one page (master style is enable on all the other pages)

i am going to another page and back to check if new settings are saved for the chosen page, but aren’t…

Confused. You said it doesn’t change on the other pages, so I thought you wanted to change on other pages? You only want to change one page?

Do you have “Use Master Style” unchecked? If not, then it will default to your Master style.

Can you provide a screenshot of your settings?

hope this helps.

Yikes :slight_smile: Which page are you trying to change? I’m seeing multiple screens shots of the same pages so not sure which? Can you delete pages not involved in your question? You said it was one page that won’t stay changed?

Sorry for that, i tried to give as much details as possible.

I am trying to modify the “WELCOME” title layout on the welcome page so that it will look like “Welcome” - that’s screenshots 1 to 4.

5 is moving pages going to “it’s about people” and back to welcome page…

of course i also have tried to save project or publish right after 4 with no success

Sorry, I’m not getting it. I don’t see a difference in the first 4 screenshots. The left side is completely irrelevant (the website), unless you’re talking about something else… This is about style changes, yes?

Title layout – do you mean the menu at the top? Are you just trying to change the menus, ie “WELCOME,” “IT’S ABOUT PEOPLE” from upper case to lower case? To make it “Welcome” or “It’s about people”?

If not, what options should be changing that you set and then saved? I can’t tell unless you circle something to show me.

oops sorry it’s 1:30AM here in Europe… i really appreciate your help and don’t want to bother you with unclear explanation

yes, i took the upper-lower case menus change as example but it’s also happening to any other settings as color, font size, font, layout, margin, image/header…

1 Like

I love solving problems and am happy to help, but I think you are confused :slight_smile:

Are you making changes in a browser and expecting them to change in Rapidweaver? Is that why you gave me screenshots on the left? That will not change anything in RW.

If that’s not it, feel free to try again tomorrow. It’s almost 5pm where I am :slight_smile:

Txs. You might be right i am confused.
I thought basically i had to right click on the element i would like to be modified (inspect element that is opening the left side of the screenshot where i can edit the said element), modify the specs and then revert to RW to have the change implemented.

I started all this because i wanted another background picture than the shoes…

If you can show me how to modify without this i would be more than happy.

1 Like

You can’t make changes that way in RW. You can only make changes in the edit window or the page styles.

I would suggest watching the free tutorials.

Also, there have been many posts about the Split theme and how to change banners, title/logo etc., so you can probably find answers to most of your questions about Split by searching this forum.

2 Likes

ahh, yes you are really confused :slight_smile: Hope this gives you an “aha moment”.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you see in a browser. Forget about that, it’s irrelevant. You can’t make changes in a browser and expect them to show up in Rapidweaver. Rapidweaver project files live on your computer and have no way of getting changes you make in a browser. Any styling changes (or anything at all relating to your website) needs to be done in RW, with the theme settings. Then, when you publish, you will see changes.

Not sure how your theme works and the options available. You might need a different theme. The right part of your screenshots is showing the theme settings. When you are saving those settings, it ONLY relates to those options you see. For example, if you change the color of the navigation link to a red, then save your style, you will see changes. or, change the font family from Ubuntu to something else listed in the drop down. etc. Then when you save styles, it will show up on the page.

and yes, as @thang said, reading the manual or watching tutorials is a MUST :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to add to what Lisa said (good detective job Lisa), if the theme doesn’t give you a direct way to change it in the UI, you can still use the page or sitewide CSS areas to override styling in most cases.

1 Like

Tank you all of you, yes I had been through all tutorials, I am following this Change the Banner Background in Tesla / Split theme and it’s not working - as previously said the changes don’t remain on the page I have modified elements as soon as I go to any outer page and back to the initial page even after having re-published all. So yes I am modifying the layout of my pages in RW with the help of inspect element css tool without success, as poorly described in my 6 screenshots…

maybe more self explanatory ?

sorry I realised I can’t join in this conversation a quick time screen recording…

Hi Bernard,
Hopefully you got some sleep. There is quite a time difference between members so there can be delays in replies.

The post you mentioned above changing the banner and background should work, but I think you’re not placing the custom CSS in the right spot.

Looking at your screen shots it looks as if you are using the web inspector to apply changes.

I would guess you are right clicking in preview and selecting “inspect element”. This opens up the Safari web developer tool that allows you to make and test changes on the fly. Anytime you do anything that refreshes the page removes your changes. That’s normal behavior for that tool.

Changes to any CSS, HTML or JavaScript need to be applied to the RapidWeaver project. There are two places to apply them, one for site wide changes, and the other for page changes.
I can’t show screen shots right now, I’m not at my Mac, but will be back in a few hours if someone else hasn’t helped you by then.

2 Likes

Yes Doug, you perfectly described what I was doing and with your comment it’s obvious I’m confused about the right tool to use…

Looking forward to read about the two places in RW so I can sleep a little bit more tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

You use the browser dev tools to help you figure out What the CSS should be. BUT you put the actual CSS code Here:

If it’s just for one page.
-or-
Here for the entire site:

2 Likes

As Scott pointed out you need to place the CSS code within the project.

At the page level, you would select code window in the page inspector, select CSS and add your CSS style:

Page Level

For site-wide changes, under the source list (pages are listed), settings and code:

Site-wide

Then select CSS and apply your code:

By the way that code snippet should change the all upper case in navigation back to how you name the page for the split theme:

.main-nav a {
	text-transform: none;
}

If you don’t know how to do something in CSS than create a post here and someone will help you. It always helps the person helping if you can provide a URL to a published page.

3 Likes

Bottom line we are all trying to tell you is that everything needs to be done in RW and nothing will happen from the browser.
Hope you finally got that aha moment? :grinning:

1 Like

Yep… beginner… thank you all for your support, i got it

2 Likes