Can't upload website or preview in browser

@Johnna There’s an issue similar to yours here.

What version are you using? if you’re using 7.4 beta, you should go back to 7.3.3.

Thanks for your quick response. I have 7.1.5

There seems to have been a few issues with 7.1.5, as you can see here.

I would try updating, that should solve your issue.

I don’t know what “APPLICATIONS FOLDER” is.

It looks like you’re running RW from an external drive or something.

See below for Applications Folder.

Make sure you back up all your RW projects before making any changes!

I moved it to applications and tried to update, but I am still getting the same error message.

You need to move the main RapidWeaver app to the Applications folder, not your project/s.

The only thing I found that looks close to that is the traffic cone VLC by itself in applications and this is what I got. I did a search on my computer for Rapid Weaver and nothing came up looking like the image you posted above.

Perhaps I didn’t save it correctly before I started using it? I followed the tutorial.

Ok, this is what I would do.

1. Duplicate your existing project/s and keep them in a safe place.
  2. Move the project/s you moved to the Applications back to their original folder.
  3. Download RW 7.3.3 from here.
  4. Find the new downloaded version of RW (see image below) and move it to the Applications folder.

You should then be able to open your existing project/s with the new version. You will probably have to enter your publishing set up again.

1 Like

How do I move this? It doesn’t look like the image you have.

I can’t get the project out of ‘applications’. I keeps making copies.

When you download RapidWeaver, it should be in your downloads folder. Before clicking on it to open it, you need to drag the RapidWeaver 7.app icon into the Applications folder.

You can’t move it to the Applications folder while it’s open, so quit RW, find the icon and drag into the Applications folder.

The only way to get the project files out of the applications folder is to trash them. If you have copies of them, it would be ok to do that.

Ah, okay! I think it worked. I renamed the original and moved all copies in the trash. Original still there and opens. Awesome! It uploaded. You are a life saver. Thank you so much for your help.

You’re welcome!

I’m glad it worked.

1 Like