Change Click to Edit Image

Please make editing an image (aside from clicking the edit button) harder than as it is now with 2 clicks in succession, but irrelevant of time separation. I’d rather edit mode be evoked by a double click. I’m accidentally going into edit mode all the time.

Hey Bruce

Which page type are you referring to here?

—N

Stacks pages with image stacks. I have similar issues with text stacks. Say you have a partial set to unpinned so you can edit the text of that instance. It’s too easy to click the stack rather than the text area. It the stack is select, then no matter how much time has passed, clicking it again accidentally opens the partial edit mode. My feeling is it would be better to limit the time for a second click to enter edit mode rather than leave set to indefinite.

We have no control on the behaviour of Stacks, but @isaiah would probably want to see this one!

—N

The basic user-interaction model has been 2-click (rather than double-click) since 2008. Changing the long-standing user interactions in Stack is pretty much impossible at this point. I suspect long-time users would pick up pitchforks and torches and come after me. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I’m with you – and if I had it to do over again I’d choose double-click. Perhaps I can sneak this into an advanced setting in some future version.

Isaiah

3 Likes