Changed server Rapidweaver still trying to link to old server

I recently had to upgrade my NAS migrated everything to the new NAS, now my rapidweaver files will not open as I am in a loop with the message cannot connect to (name of old NAS) what can I do to open my files I need to make changes to some clients sites?

Hi, I know this post is little bit old, but I have exactly the same problem.

I recently change my NAS, the name and the IP are not the same and rapdiweaver can’t open my projects. I have the same message.
Did you find a solution for this problem?

Thank you

This was the only post from the original poster 2 years ago, so I doubt he will give you an answer.

What was/is on the NAS? The project file(s) and or addons folder?
If it’s the project file are you trying to open them from the menu file or recent?

Hi!

Thank you for your message. Sorry, but I didn’t see you respond me…
My projects files are in my document folder on my mac and the ressources are on the NAS.
And my document folder is synced with iCloud.

I did this before the document folder was synced with iCloud and i used the app WD sync to sync my projects with my NAS and both laptop and desktop computer. (my NAS is from Western Digital)

I tried to open from the Menu file and Recent. but both doesn’t work.

I managed to open my project by renaming my NAS with its previous name. But it’s not optimal… And I have to rechange the name when I want to open some new project created under the new name… :crazy_face:

I’m not familiar with WD sync, but I thought that used the WD “my cloud” not iCloud?

When you say “resources” you are talking about the resources folder/drawer in RapidWeaver?

What version of RW are you running?

I did not get this resolved, in the end I copied all my rapidweaver files (including all the linked images etc.) on to my local hard drive, opened each file/project checked them over to make sure they were ok, including republishing them. Once satisfied I deleted the files from my NAS and then re-saved the rapidweaver files to it. Tedious, but that seemed to work.

If you can get the project opened Okay (Project file on the local HD (documents synced to iCloud).
Running RW8 Under Advanced set Site Resources to Copy into document
2019-10-10_05-36-58

Then when you save the project all the resources will be copied into the project file.

In earlier releases, the option was a button that toggled called something like make portable or Unpack Portable Document depending on how the option was set.

I don’t use WD sync anymore. Only iCloud to sync my documents (and sites projects) with laptop/desktop.

For Ressources I was talking about all images or video I use in RapidWeaver. I have all my clients files on my NAS (images, logo, folders, flyers, etc…) and I drag them on my pages in RapidWeaver.

I use RapidWeaver 8

Thank you, I will try this solution

Thank you too!