Changes to Archetypon

Welcome Weavers Kingdom!

I’m changing the brand name of Archetypon to Weavers Kingdom. Why: from time to time I get questions like what the heck this means, or how on earth you pronounce this etc etc…So I opted for, well, Weavers Kingdom.

Everything else remains the same except for:

Support: please send support messages from tomorrow January 28 to support@weaverskingdom.com, as I’m still into the changes.

Cartloom: If you purchased some of my products under Cartloom your order is safe, the address for order lookup changed to https://weaverskingdom.cartloom.com

That’s all. I’m still reviewing / uploading / fixing all URL’s, so both sites are live…Weavers Kingdom is here: https://www.weaverskingdom.com

Please do send me messages (from tomorrow January 28) if you find issues or problems.

Best,
Lucas

6 Likes

Pity. I rather liked the old name. Good luck with the new name!

4 Likes

@peterdanckwerts Really? Oh I’m sorry then!

1 Like

Well, it’s just me. It seems quite reasonable to change it if you keep getting questions.

1 Like

I too rather liked Archetypon.
I’d suggest it’s far more contemporary than Weavers Kingdom.

Maybe keep both going just in case you change your mind :wink:

Ditto (from the Peanut Gallery).

I concur, the name Archetypon is memorable. I can recall your suite of remarkable themes and stacks.

1 Like

I concur too. But good that the old website still exists.

just keep Archetypon, Lucas! :wink:

and make the name a link to a Wikipedia page :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol @pl_svn nice idea!

2 Likes

Weavers Kingdom? I’m sort of expecting hand-painted metallic figures of gnomes riding dogs…

Archetypon? I liked it - it had class…

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please stay with Archetypon. It is a classy name and one you can not mix up with any other vendor. Waevers Kingdom is more like a blog reporting about RW, but not a developers realm. Besides, that name sounds like every other name you find out there. You lose and lot and gain litte, in my humbled opinion.

4 Likes

Dumbing down to Weaver’s Kingdom?

As Jan Fuellmann says Archetypon is classy. It has so many good connotations - architecture, typography, archetypal, type etc. It also has the tone of a top notch Swiss modernist design group. It’s a great brand name with a strong identity. Please leave it alone!

1 Like

I couldn’t expect so much appreciation for the archetypon name! I like it too, as I like everything Greek. In fact the company’s registered name is actually Archetypon Brasil.

Fact is that I always had the impression that the majority of my customers don’t have a clue of what it means or even how to pronounce…and this may not be so ok for the business.

2 Likes

But that is actually the secret of the sauce. Somehow a mysterious and interesting name.

3 Likes

Agreed! Archetypon is a classy name and IMHO it should stay.

1 Like

How many of your customers actually pronounce it loud? I thought they find you via google and forums and always see the nice tag “web development at its best” to go with it :slight_smile:

Thanks Jan…

I remember in some podcast how hard it was for Ben and Dan to pronounce it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(In Greek it’s ar-ke-tee-pon)

1 Like

Ben and Dan don’t count. They have speech dyslexia.

4 Likes

I’m going with Archetypon too. Just so you end up with more people complaining about the change than complaining about how it was :smiley: