CMS Solution to ad additional pages

Is there a CMS Solution were a client could ad additional pages?

1 Like

Yes @GTPeter

You can do this inside a plain pulse installation already :slight_smile:

Inside RapidWeaver integration, we will support that also in a future upgrade. Working already in a prototype :+1: With full navigation support coming soon.

Check @instacks Stacks page for details:

1 Like

There are many users that are already using the blog inside Total CMS as a way of adding additional pages to the site. Adding them to a menu is possible but a bit more tricky right now. I plan on making that better in the future as well.

This is a TotalCMS blog used as a portfolio for an architect, each project is a blog post https://www.dma-ni.com/dma_projects/

3 Likes

THANKS Paul! Was this difficult to make? Was it a Theme? If yes, which one?

I use Foundation so there’s no theme as such, TotalCMS is easy enough to use but like any advanced stack it helps to be familiar with Stacks prior to diving in.

1 Like

So what can be done if a client suddenly comes up with the idea of adding new pages? On his own. Which is actually good. Rebuild the whole s* again :D. Somehow I am a bit disappointed that there is no solution available yet. None of the CMS-stacks is, in this case, a professional solution.

Okay, but what is your alternative? Are you going to teach a client how to use WordPress? Client added-on pages (the page and menu nav bit) is … dangerous. Many, perhaps all, the CMS solutions make it easy to add pages by you, and easy for the client to add content.

I’d probably add 3 or 4 extra pages (with structural components) to a client side that are not in the navigation. Then when they wanted more you already have an ‘add template’ page in place: just give it the right name and location. They, per usual, can add content to that page.

2 Likes

According to manual, Armadillo can add new pages. But I’m not sure how easy or effective a solution it is.

In the case of Armadillo the better approach is like to create new content areas (each one has an ID#), create your new template pages with 1+ content areas (with ID#s) and all is linked up beforehand. Later the relevant page can be made visible within RW. Really easy, and quick, to do. Probably also easy and quick in other CMS solutions.

… but I imagine most clients want to add content to pages that have a common structure and content area(s). If they really want to add custom designed new pages then … of course … they need to pay a designer extra or learn how to design for themselves.

You can do something like this with Total CMS:
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/page-removal/

Go to the admin page and choose to turn on or off the pages it lets you. Not EXACTLY what you want, but you could have multiple blank pages ready to go and then the client could add those pages and add content, In fact, they could add content first, make the page active and it is good to go.

Please note, you can ONLY add or remove the pages on this page, the content is NOT set up to edit. Just was trying a proof of concept a while back.

If you want this project file, I can get it to you. You would need to use Foundation and Total CMS though, I do not think this is possible with a different theme. I know a standard template theme it will not work. As far as if this would work with Foundry, UI Kit, Pure, or Bootsnap, I am not sure, as I do not know the menu stacks well enough.

Thank you Robert, this is a good idea and could help. And no, they dont want to create custom pages. Just add a new page, same design as all the other ones but with other Titles etc.

I am working on that project to make it a little better, seeing if I can add naming of pages and stuff like that. Will let you know when I get that done, no time to work on it today though.

2 Likes

Thank you Robert!! I really appreciate your help.

Hi Robert,
I would also be very interested in having the project file when you finish the job. Do you think you could send it to me?

Yup, I will post it here when i get time. Did not work on it yet though.

OK, here is the project file.

You can go to the page
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/page-removal/
and test out naming of the pages. The ONLY thing that could not be done is the ability to change the names of the folders, no CMS can do that, so if you change the page name of Store to Product A, the URL to the page will still be
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/page-removal/store

3 Likes

Hi Robert,
thanks for the project file. But in the live demo site there is not possible to modify the page name on the navbar.

I was able to change it, it seems…

1 Like

Thank you, I found the “problem”. Seems that you have to select each time the option “Yes” on “Do you want to turn on the Extra Page?” also if the page is already published.

It would be useful if, in the select menu, the selected option saved previously was selected when the admin page is re-loaded.