Contact page not

Using Clearing theme (Nick Cates) I have two sites built with this theme. The CONTACT page will not send . My first site with this theme built 2.5 years worked then and now it does NOT. My current site (contact page) will not work at all its crazy there must be a better way any and all help is much appreciated.

Jim

Hi Jim,

you’re going to have to provide a bit more information.

1. Did the contact form on the current site ever work?
  2. If so, did you change anything or has anything changed at the hosting company’s end?
  3. Same questions for the original site
  4. Are you using the standard Rapidweaver Contact form page type or a Stacks-based contact form?
  5. What’s the URL of the site so someone else can try sending an email through it.
  6. What settings are you using for the form.

If you can provide this info, then there’s a better chance that someone here can help you.

Rob

1 Like

Hey Rob,

The original site parkpalms.com built 2 years ago the contact page worked now it does not. No changes where made…

The new site

http://mariannekelleydesign.com the contact page does not work.

I am using the contact from from Rapidweaver. I would have no issue with purchasing a stacks-based contact form, what to get?

Basic settings just the email address i use.

Thanks for the help

Jim

I’ve just sent a message using the form. Said it was submitted successfully. Can you see if it arrived?

Rob

No nothing

There’s something odd going on on both these pages. Maybe someone with a more technical eye than I can help further.

I get the same error from both pages using Inspector in Chrome and it’s trying to load a PNG which seems to be a WordPress holding page. Ring any bells?

Looks like the attached.

If you have the Stacks plugin then you could always try an alternative contact form like this one which is free to try.

Rob

Thanks Rob, Looking through all this seems to be a common issue I will get a stack option going forward.

Jim

in my experience, a contact form that was working once and then stops usually indicates a change at the host end. I’d ask your host to see if they can tell you what’s happening when the contact form is submitted before spending any more money.

Though if you do go the Stacks route, Doobox’ HTML form is also good.

Rob

Hi, in most cases an e-mail address is used which is not part of the domain, but belongs to a third party. Can you post a screenshot of your settings for us, please?

In the footer on both of the sites you linked to, there’s a “Contact Me” link. Both links have Gmail email addresses. If you’re using Gmail addresses in the contact forms, it’s possible your host is blocking the delivery of emails from the contact forms. You should be using email addresses that match the domain of the website.

This looks even more of a possibility as the forms say the emails were sent successfully.

1 Like

Hey Neil, Yes you are correct. I am now using a contact stack by DooBox

Thanks for your reply

Jim

Hey Jan, Yes you are correct. I am now using a contact stack by DooBox

Thanks for your reply

Jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.