Continuously asks for licence - RW support does not react to my issue

I have reported the problem several times to Rapidweaver but the problem still continues and nothing has solved the problem:

RW continuously asks me for the licence. I have my RW 7 license and also installed Setapp. Tonight, when opening RW7 (not from Setapp), it asked me again for the license (more than once). It even started to move RW6 addons though I designed a special folder.

This is so annoying and RW support cannot solve the problems. It has been for months now. This is really really annoying, especially tonight after my site is screwed up.

Sorry for me being upset but this is not acceptable anymore

Hi George,

Sorry to learn the issue still persists for you!

This specific issue is rare and only affecting a handful of users - we haven’t been able to establish many commonalities. However, I will say that you didn’t mention that you were using SetApp in our support correspondence - I believe this is the missing detail we needed!

Did the issue happen before you started using SetApp?

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

no, the problem was not there before at all. And what is strange now, I have this error on the page after the many crashes:

https://minsobi.ch/index.php?catalog/all/-/date/1 https://minsobi.ch/index.php?catalog/all/-/date/1

on the bottom of the page it shows the sitemap. I have removed sitemap plus, etc. but on the preview of the sandwich, it still exists. I have no pluskit import that would import the sitemap. After tonight, the site is really screwed up.

regards,
George

it totally hangs and I can only force quit:

here the error log:

Date/Time: 2017-03-20 21:37:40 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.3 (Build 16D32)
Architecture: x86_64h
Report Version: 25

Data Source: Stackshots

Command: RapidWeaver
Path: /Applications/Setapp/RapidWeaver.app/Contents/MacOS/RapidWeaver
Version: 7.3 (18575)
Parent: launchd [1]
PID: 962

Event: hang
Duration: 0.99s (process was unresponsive for 134 seconds before sampling)
Steps: 10 (100ms sampling interval)

Hardware model: MacBookPro11,5
Active cpus: 8

Fan speed: 3409 rpm

Hi Aaron,

as a result, sitemap has been screwed up. I could figure out the footer issue (not the license issue!!!) with loghound/yourhead. I will republish the site but will you report the issue to loghound/yourhead? I cannot open sitemap plus anymore, RW will totally hang. that is pretty serious. I had uncountable freezes. And my computer is surely not a slow one.

regards,
George

Interesting phenomenon:

I removed the footer in RW section and what a miracle: I can open sitemap plus again.

regards,
George

I have the same issue with Rapidweaver 7 asking for my license every time I start up the app. This only started happening with RW7. When I initially got the message I thought perhaps it was something specific to my MacOS install, so I completely wiped and reinstalled the OS. However, even when I reinstalled the OS and then did a clean install of Rapidweaver 7 I still get the same issue. This happens every time I start RW7. Are there any fixes for this?

1 Like

Support may tell you that “you are an exceptional and rare case”. I raised the issue for months and it is very annoying with this issue. I have had lots of communication with support but nothing happened

Yeah, this first happened when I moved to RW7 (from RW6) many months ago. I went back and forth with support for weeks and with no resolution finally gave up. It’s really annoying to me so I’m trying again

meanwhile, they made 2 upgrades but nothing mentioned about our issue 
 nice

To those that are suffering with this issue:

So far, we can’t reproduce this. It’s MOST likely not a Rapidweaver issue but we’re still hunting. If you EVER installed Setapp (even as demo) this could be the issue and you need to use their removal tool (https://macpaw.zendesk.com/attachments/token/aESoYvT2Qnu0NrVD9rZN1bZAE/?name=RemoveSetapp.app.zip) and restart your computer.

1 Like

And, just in case there’s some new people looking, please make sure you’re not using LittleSnitch or any other similar “firewall” blocking apps when trying to register.

Here’s what I tried last week:

• Completely deleted the Rapidweaver.app
  • Deleted the entire com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver container located in my user Library
  • Emptied the trash
  • Downloaded Rapidweaver 7 from the website again
  • Installed Rapidweaver 7
  • Started up Rapidweaver, when prompted to activate I entered my license info. Received message confirming activation was successful
  • Quit Rapidweaver
  • Launched Rapidweaver
  • Upon relaunch of Rapidweaver I got the Activation prompt again

So, even after a fresh install of Rapidweaver the issue persists for me. Attached are the logs that I found in the container.

2017-03-31 08:02:57.884 RapidWeaver 7[8719:6170501] ==============================================================
2017-03-31 08:02:57.885 RapidWeaver 7[8719:6170501] NEW LAUNCH (2017-03-31 15:02:57 +0000)

2017-03-31 08:00:16.039 RapidWeaver 7[8129:6128377] ==============================================================
2017-03-31 08:00:16.040 RapidWeaver 7[8129:6128377] NEW LAUNCH (2017-03-31 15:00:16 +0000)
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDInfo while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDInfo’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDContact while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDContact’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘serialNumber’ for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector ‘serialNumber’ on class ‘ABCDAddressBookSource’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDAddressBookSource’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?

Just in case you missed one step (that wasn’t listed) that might’ve helped.

After deleting everything Rapidweaver and emptying the trash (make sure to search for old versions in both your apps folder and in your user apps folder), RESTART YOUR COMPUTER before downloading and trying again.

Ok. Added two additional steps this morning:

• Completely deleted the Rapidweaver.app
  • Deleted the entire com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver container located in my user Library and all other references to Rapidweaver on my hard drive
  • Emptied the trash
    _ Disabled MacOS firewall and disconnected from my work VPN connection_*
    _ Restarted MacOS into Safe Mode_*
  • Downloaded Rapidweaver 7 from the website again
  • Installed Rapidweaver 7
  • Started up Rapidweaver, when prompted to activate I entered my license info. Received message confirming activation was successful
  • Quit Rapidweaver
  • Launched Rapidweaver
  • Upon relaunch of Rapidweaver I got the Activation prompt again

Here’s the latest log entry:

2017-04-04 07:18:57.864 RapidWeaver 7[672:31942] ==============================================================
2017-04-04 07:18:57.865 RapidWeaver 7[672:31942] NEW LAUNCH (2017-04-04 14:18:57 +0000)
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDInfo while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDInfo’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDContact while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDContact’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘serialNumber’ for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector ‘serialNumber’ on class ‘ABCDAddressBookSource’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
CoreData: warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @property implementation for ‘uniqueId’ for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector ‘uniqueId’ on class ‘ABCDAddressBookSource’. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?

So, even after completely removing all traces of Rapidweaver, disabling firewalls/VPN, full restart in safe mode the issue still persists. Can someone please escalate this to developers? Are there other logs in Rapidweaver that could provide some clues to the issue? Could I get a new license to try? I really need to get this resolved.

I replied to your support email. Please let me know if that works.

Thanks Brian. The new license key and using a different email address seemed to work. Perhaps it was in issue with the way the license key was initially generated back when RW7 first came out?

Thanks again for helping me get this resolved.