Couldn't upload to your FTP server: Access denied to remote resource... (123-Reg)

With Chrome you would have had this problem since you went to HTTPS. Chrome started blocking mixed active content a long time ago.
That should fix your CSS load problem. As for your publishing message, since your running your server, why are you still using FTP? My first instinct is to tell everyone to switch to SFTP, it is much more secure and does a lot less handshaking. That would probably fix any timeout errors.
For anybody to help with other publishing errors your going to need to provide at minimum a screenshot of your publishing settings.
You can go through the steps outlined here if you want to have a go at fixing yourself:
https://help.realmacsoftware.com/support/solutions/articles/36000001207-how-to-fix-ftp-publishing-issues

The PHP preview error is going to be hard to tell, as PHP source never leaves the server, just the output.

Iā€™ve tried SFTP and FTPS as well as straight up FTP and I get the same nonsense.
Back after taking a lunch break and Iā€™m going to see whatā€™s up again. I have a feeling itā€™s RW6. I deleted it but all the stupid stuff is still there on a fresh install. So I need to find all the other files in the library and other areas it could be.

Iā€™ve never had it so bad like this. Before I posted here I had my tech looking things and everything on our end is just fine. I have a feeling something bad is corrupted.

I just took a demo of RW7 in hopes this works and same thing. Connects to the server on test just fine but uploading Iā€™m being denied access.

manually exporting and uploading that way still gives me that stupid css missing even with a new theme.

tried your link two days ago. lā€™m doing everything right.

Nothing seems to be working. I am totally stumped.

OH and I do NOT use Chrome. Firefox or nothing. :slight_smile:

I even tried to upload with a new theme entirely and deleted all the themes prior just now.

this is insane. I just uploaded a site last week successfully!

Well isnā€™t this interesting? So I decided to really play around with directories to see what happens and ALL my previous settings are useless.
I got the uploading to work by setting the upload path to: /web/searchtest

Makes NO sense since the settings were saved when I made the site two years ago and the only thing I changed was the directory from /web to /searchtest. THAT right there would be the issue right? Youā€™d think so but I tried web/searchtest and that kept failing.

So now my problem is simply a CSS issue. and this is a weird one.
I changed the theme for grins and giggles and I open the page and itā€™s still showing the broken CSS for the MOBO theme but I go digging into FileZilla and the theme I switched to is there - Avantgarde. I do cmd+U to see the source code and I click on the CSS that is there and I get this. (see image)
So for some reason the theme is reading to the main directory which is /wiki and not the /searchtest directory. I think I can get this working now.

Again with out the screen shots hard to say for sure. But you just posted what the problem might be. First youā€™re trying to add a sub directory of serchtest That would need to be below the root directory /web
In the message above you said

I tried web/searchtest

If that is what you tried then you should get an access denied error. It might be a typo in your post, but youā€™re missing the first slash /.

Thatā€™s why I suggested that you clear the path and browse for the directory.
As for the CSS file location, RapidWeaver can put all common files for a theme in a single location for the site.

1 Like

Teefers, You would think right?

I tried it with the first slash and without the first slash and it worked just fine.

Iā€™ve been doing just /whateverweirdsubdirectoryIwanted for YEARS and in fact it still works like that with RW5. I did that when I want to test something new without disturbing the situation on the current site.

I have no idea but the connection test should actually have a way to test to the exact directory you want to go into and not just a general connection.

Sometimes I swear I have gremlins in my fingers.

The browse button will connect to the directory.
Plus thereā€™s no chance of a typo. You clear the path and find the directory you need. If itā€™s a new directory, you select the parent and then add the new directory separate by a slash.
This(the first slash) is more a host thing than a RapidWeaver version thing. Youā€™ll get the same access denied message with an ftp client if you go to the same path as RapidWeaver is pointing at. The big difference is with most FTP clients you use a GUI to select the directory (like the browse function) and donā€™t type it in.
RapidWeaver 7 has a completely different publishing engine then 5 and 6 did. Not going to tell you itā€™s not going give you problems but itā€™s been rewritten. Still think the UI should have been made more GUI based like the FTP clients are, but they left the type the path the same.

I know. Iā€™m just puzzled why it stopped working with the settings I had in there saved for 2 years and now all of a sudden itā€™s all itchy. Gremlins.

This was all because I want to test out that rapidsearchpro stack for her site before making it ā€œrealā€.
So now Iā€™m having issues with the theme elements not showing. Shows in preview but not in the browser upon upload. Just the images I think. I will figure that one out as it seems to be a read issue between the original URL for the site and the ā€œhiddenā€ test directory.

Sometimes I think things are ā€œover thoughtā€ and thus making things way more complicated than they should.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated :slight_smile: