Displays differently in different browsers

In chrome the website displays shifted to the left and two thirds size. Whereas in Firefox, Edge and Safari it displays as when viewed in preview.
But what is frustrating the website displays properly in ‘preview in Chrome’!
I have cleared the browssing memory in Chrome, and am at a loss
Any advice most gratefully received
Dan
Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 08.56.42|690x250

URL would be much more helpful than a screenshot.

The new Edge and Chrome both use the Chromium engine, so it definitely sounds like a cache issue.

Love to see a url?

Thank you. as the site exhibits this problem on two pages I suspended it for maintenance,
Meanwhile on the page in question instead of three rows do 3 columns I made it into one row of there columns, which seems to have resolved the issue.
I’ll try a similar solution to the second page and reload for you two helpful chaps to take n expert look in the morning
Dan

Thank you. as the site exhibits this problem on two pages I suspended it for maintenance,
Meanwhile on the page in question instead of three rows do 3 columns I made it into one row of there columns, which seems to have resolved the issue.
I’ll try a similar solution to the second page and reload for you two helpful chaps to take n expert look in the morning
Dan

Thank you for your interest. One work round works the second doesn’t That is reducing the number of column stack in a container.
The URL is www.htvf.org. navigate to “key People” and “publications”. to see the problem. All good in every browser but Chrome.
any guidance much appreciated
Dan

1 Like

Nice design
Have you tried @joeworkman pdf embed stack?
These are the missing files…

You might try to republish all files.

Yes, but it’s images which are not behaving not pdfs.
Are you suggesting that the images are converted to PDFs and then located in the PDFs stack?
I’m willing to give anything a try to overcome this problem
Dan

I was thinking you were trying to view the pdf’s?

You do know you are missing resouces?

I guess I’m not seeing the differneces or am I not looking at the right place:

The site being a single page site loads a lot of very large png files. That’s making it pretty slow to load. You might want to convert these png’s to jpegs and optimize them.

1 Like

Problem resolved!
It was outdated PHP
This project requires a web server that is running PHP v7.2.0 or higher. Your web server is using PHP v5.6.40, which may cause user-facing functionality to break. Please select a newer version via your hosting control panel or contacting your host directly. You can refer to the currently supported PHP versions here.

Interesting site: thank you for having a. problem with it I might never have have come across it otherwise. I live in an historic market town in Herefordshire; also I am a commercial property surveyor involved with retail property and interested in local history wherever so i might join.

PS - having clicked on the publications those I clicked took me to page not found. You may wish to update the links.

Thanks for sharing. It’s really helpful for me because I am also facing the same issue for the latest car microphone site design. I waste a lot of time fixing this issue but refuse. Finally, this solution works properly thanks @danwild.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.