Images not Displaying in Firefox or Chrome. Fine in Safari

(Adam) #1

I’ve built a little animated banner (using BWD Sections Box/Pro). Just noticed that even though it works in Safari it is not working in either Firefox or Chrome. The animation is there but the image is just a filler called “My Image”. I have checked all the permissions for the site (within Firefox and Chrome) and all images are allowed. Incidentally the mobile version of Firefox works fine too. Any suggestions?

http://hostilewitnessband.com

Image not publishing in Foxfire or Chrome, only with Safari
(Paul Russam) #2

Just to let you know, it’s working on my iPad with ios10, not a help to you re Chrome but at least you know it works there.

(Adam) #3

Thanks Paul. And yeah, iPhone and iPad work fine. It’s just Mac Firefox and Chrome that aren’t working.

(Adam) #4

Perhaps I’ve solved it. Swapped out the .pngs for .jpg versions and now it seems okay. But I’d love to hear from someone who could tell me why?

(Andrew Tavernor) #5

That is just a foundation image stack and I also see it not displaying in chrome or firefox.

There is something wrong with those two images.

I downloaded the hammer one from your site, put it in a Foundation Image stack with nothing else on the page (except site styles) and it has exactly the same problem in Chrome and Firefox whereas all other png’s that I have work fine.

(Andrew Tavernor) #6

and here’s what happens when I try to open those png’s in PhotoShop - safe to say that the files are messed up in some way

(Adam) #7

Thanks Andrew. And yeah, kind of figured that out. Weird though that Safari would let them slide.

But all’s well that ends well.

(Andrew Tavernor) #8

I’ve worked it out - opened it in preview and got this…

so I renamed it from .png to .psd and then it opens in Photoshop and can be exported as a proper png

They are photoshop files - how the hell Safari displays them is quite remarkable!