/div errors all over the place

Scott,

A change from docroot to server root relative etc paths.

thats what I’m thinking also

Scott - or spaces in the string ‘Dwight Lydell Chapter Info’?

that “shouldn’t” matter still resolves to: /Dwight%20Lydell%20Chapter%20Info/home.html

Duane,

How did you construct the site in terms of ‘Click here to enter main site…’

Did you move any of the Pages within RapidWeaver… the list of pages (e.g. ‘Home’) in the sidebar on the left of a Project window?

Unless the host intercepts ASCII &20 for some reason.

Where do I find this ‘export’ file that is created when I publish?

you have to go to the menu and export site all the directory is set up in site settings (I think, been a while since 5.x) it may give you a chance to tell it where to.

Duane,

Did you really not change anything else at all - apart from some text on one of the pages?

Message from Duane:

Please pass on to Mark Sealey and Scott Williams that the system has blocked me for 22 hours for posting to many replies. They were trying to help me with my problem. I have to get to bed anyway as I have to get up in 6 hours to prepare my wife for going for her kidney dialysis.

Duane De Vries

Thank you, Brian!

Good luck to you and your wife, Duane!

When you can post again, answers to the last few questions would help us help you, please.

Thanks!

Looks Like it is all working again

It certainly does. Well done, Duane.

The splash page is the ‘home’ page but all pages within the site point to the central page. I wanted a way to make changes to the front page without impacting everything else. I will admit that at age 78 I’m having some difficulty following what you want me to do.

It appears to be working now because the hosting company restored it to the way it was a week ago BEFORE I tried to update it. Now I’m a bit hesitant to try another update. Mostly because I did a manual ‘export’. then copied that export folder to another location and changed the name a bit. Unfortunately, after doing the manual export, I discovered that RW had flagged EVERY file as having been changed and thus eligible for publishing! OUCH! Is there a way to turn off the publish flags so that when I make changes, ONLY my changes get published?

To answer your earlier questions, I have not added, deleted or moved any of the pages for several months. Updates occur monthly with the publishing of our chapter newsletter which gets added to the newsletter section. This also updates the splash page with a hot link to the new newsletter. At that time I also update the photo for the next event.

I do have one irritant with the RW update process. It seems like every time I go to publish an update, it fails saying it could not create something. When I then go to preferences and check the link, it says the password is wrong. I correct it, re-test, tell RW to save it and then go publish and it works… until the next time when it again fails with bad password. I get the feeling that RW is messing up something with how the password is saved.

Yes in the menu, Mark all as changed if you hold down control key it will change to mark all as unchanged… Might be option key, not at my computer, but one of them…

YES! Holding down the option key did the trick! THANK YOU!

1 Like

Signing off for tonight. I’ll try to work up my courage to make a small update later and hope for the best. If it fails, I’ll be back here tomorrow night. Thanks again to both of you for your kind assistance to an old geezer!

I seem to be plagued by gremlins. Today I made a change to the splash page. Added a newsletter and set the link. Then I checked the update link. It again said my password was wrong. So I re-entered it and this time it took. Then selected publish. This seemed to work as it told me what files were sent etc. and it said it completed normally. So I quit RW and saved the changes.

Next I went to the web browser to check my michiganikes.org web site and lo and behold, nothing changed! It’s still the way the hosting company restored it! I Refreshed the browser thinking it was looking at a cached version … no change. Tried a different browser … still no change. So I’m wondering, how can RW tell me it updated the web site without actually changing anything. I regret that I am becoming more and more confused by this whole situation. I think it’s time for me to find someone else to do this web stuff!

Did you change any of the pages from .html to .php by any chance? If you have both on your server, it will show the html (which may be the old version)