The following describes my situation tonight using Rapidweaver 8 Version 8.0.3 (20142); I am unable to publish files to an existing site (jitkavesela.com):
To find a solution, I first confirmed that my login credentials were correct. Indeed, they were:
So far, so good. I tried republishing, and, seeing the below message, thought the problem was solved, until…
…this popped up:
So I spent 30+ minutes working with my host provider’s Tech Support, who checked everything on their end, but came up with no solution. The problem, they said, is on my end.
I rechecked the credentials, and discovered that I could not see (or connect to) the website’s subdirectory when using the Browse button, even with the correct path set in the “Path” window. But when I removed the path, setting the path to the root (as shown below), all paths to my other sites on my host’s server became visible. I then clicked on the problem website’s folder, which then populated the Path window, at which point the Browse button functioned properly.
I thought that fixed the problem, so I saved my Rapidweaver project, quit and restarted it, then published it again.
This time I made it to 79 files uploaded…
…until I got hit again with this bit of joy:
I’ve tried exporting a test RW project and loading it by FTP to a test site, but the webpage failed to load. I do not want to bring my main site down with an experimental process (export-FTP upload) that has proven to me not to work. The solution must be found using RW’s publish feature.
If anyone has a solution to this problem, please so advise! Santa would be most impressed with your contribution.
Thanks very much for your help