Exciting - new Wordpress stack

Yabdab have just announced a new Wordpress stack: https://www.yabdab.com/stacks/wordpress

8 Likes

I would like to know if the RapidWeaver site style settings override the WordPress settings with the new WordPress Stack by YabDab?

Can’t tell. Probably not since it’s not demonstrated on the YabDab site. 40 bucks is pretty high for something that looks like just a WP port.

JUST a WP port is not as simple as it may sound. WP is very complicated and under aggressive development. Meaning it will be a moving target just to maintain this plugin. The price I hope is high enough for @yabdab to keep it going. I already see features I would like but this seems to be a very good start.

4 Likes

Instant buy for me. Thank you for mentioning it.

3 Likes

Hey Chris,

The stack output takes on the style settings of the RW Theme, unless you choose custom and color things your self.

2 Likes

You can get 25% off with the promo code WPLAUNCH.

3 Likes

This looks very good. I’m absolutely gobsmacked that no one has done it before. It seems to work with the wordpress free accounts as well!

1 Like

Just implemented on my first site. Absolutely flawless. Way to go @yabdab!

3 Likes

could you give us a link so we can see how it’s done?

@chet Awesome! Glad ya dig it.

1 Like

Sure thing.

Used Wordpress.com Free plan. Took about an hour to port the 10 posts. Less than 10 minutes to implement the stack in RW. Stack took all of my site style settings and applied.

Was using Poster Stack, and so the URL scheme on the blogs matched WP’s scheme. No need to forward or redirect dead social media links. (Poster is great, this site is for a friend, so made the blog posting easier on both of us).

Also to note, site uses JW’s Foundation & JW’s Font Pro. No mods required, fonts picked up and rendered according to Font Pro settings immediately.

It just works!

5 Likes

thank you so much for providing that link. I just am curious where the Wordpress URL points to.

It seems like a wordpress site is essential for this to work. So, do you have a WP site that is not indexed? I would think the WP site needs to be published somehow in order for this to work, right? So where is it published? Is it redirected somehow? Thanks for your support…

Wordpress blog is live here.

I know what you’re referring to, but I haven’t had enough time to think through how best to handle that.

Maybe @yabdab has some ideas on mitigating the duplicate content?

Yes, mitigating the duplicate content, that’s what I was trying to say. Would one simply put a no index robots.txt file in that duplicate content domain?

@chet Only way I could think that would work, is to only show posts that are “drafts” instead of “published”? That way only the RW version is indexed, since the same post is not shown from the parent WP site.

1 Like

You are going to have the cost of hosting your RW site anyway. Can you place a WP blog on that. Is there then a way to hide the WP stuff?

Working my way through this. I think I have the solution for us.

If you self-host WP on your domain, I think the robots.txt ‘no index’ is the best way to go.

If you’re using a Wordpress.com blog (blog is hosted by WP), go to “Settings” on the bottom of the left sidebar.

Then:

Privacy > Hidden “Your site is visible to everyone, but we ask search engines to not index your site.”

That’s probably as good as it gets, folks. I’m confident trustworthy search engines will respect that setting and that should take care of any SEO/duplicate content issues.

I think that @yabdab’s intention was for this to be another option for blogging in RW instead of the plugin or other 3P solutions. It’s solid, and well implemented.

imho there is too much made of duplicate content, and if you are concerned about it there are better ways than noindex. Good summary article here: http://searchengineland.com/myth-duplicate-content-penalty-259657

Wow, this makes me very excited. For most clients’ sites, I have steered towards WP with its baked in CMS. However, Rapidweaver is easier to tweak design wise, especially with something like Joe Workman’s Foundation. If this truly works well with Foundation I’ll be a very happy camper.