@isaiah Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately web design stuff is less than 5% of what I do, and the other 95% is screaming for about 200% of my time right now. Doing a more thorough check will have to wait. However, there have been oddities about RW that have been around for years, and reported by several people on the forums (these are not FAQMaker specific issues) that include:
- not fully, or consistently, publishing
- generally hanging up/crashing
And, over the years, there seem to be two conditions that fairly reliably cause these kind of behaviors:
- not saving one’s work consistently (there have been several who have noted the need to save more often than with other apps, and my experience is the same). By consistent I mean every 10 minutes at the outside. I probably save every 5 minutes.
- asking RW to publish then going to visit another app. It seems RW is a jealous mistress and really does not enjoy people leaving it while involved in the publishing process. Most other apps are fine under this condition. This means it’s not surprising if I don’t return (from email, web surfing, etc.) before it starts actually publishing then it hangs.
I’ve reported these situations so much over the years. I simply don’t send them in any more. Why fight city hall on this one? So I don’t think my experience, upon reflection, with FAQMaker initially was all that surprising given that I probably did not save right away, and I probably was looking at email while I asked RW to publish.
Don’t believe me? Just use “transmit” as a search term and you’ll find several folks have switched to Transmit or Yummy or other app to publish reliably because of the unreliable publishing behavior of RW (sometimes fine, sometimes not so much). I think RW has gotten better on both these fronts over the years, but are still weak spots.