Fatal error when returning to HOME in preview

Hi. I am on RW8 and I am using Slot Maschine from Joe Workman on my home page which displays different content randomly.

In Preview, each time I go back to my Home Page a fatal error displays:
Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘rw_common/plugins/stacks/SlotMachine.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in /private/var/folders/32/tp7r5mdx3dgf4z4k5rhslqyr0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/3131/document-0x7f8761a189e0/RWDocumentPagePreview/index.php on line 4

Only after reopening my project the error message disappears … until I preview again.

I did reach out to the developer of the stack, however Joe only responded:
Curious. Does this happen when Slot Machine is inside of a partial? My gut says that you would need ping Realmac for help on this one.


Anyone has any idea?

I have this same issue and it has been highlighted in a previous thread but didn’t get resolved. Not related to Foundation as I am using Foundry. Not sure if it is a Stacks issue or RW issue.

Close and reopen the project and we’re good to go again for a while. Sometimes it happens frequently other times not so much.

I’ve learned to live with it however a fix would be nice.

Got one! Simply switching between pages in preview mode. The stack is not in a partial. It’s one I created myself so initially I thought I was the issue but it appears I’m not the only one seeing the issue.

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘rw_common/plugins/stacks/Mobile_Detect.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in /private/var/folders/4_/md_0n5ws3874ng_f4bykr13m0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver/36565/document-0x7ffde4e7ec10/RWDocumentPagePreview/index.php on line 183

What version of macOS are each of you running?

Latest Mojave 10.14.6 but it was happening in High Sierra.

Just another note. Both Stacks 3 & 4… So I’m thinking a RW issue (maybe)

These are all Php errors. Php is complaining that it failed to open a file. If I had only seen one of these errors my first guess would be that the developer of that stack had forgotten to include the file or there was a typo in the path for the file.

But there are multiple errors – each from different stacks – but all Php. That seems to indicate that it’s something more like Stacks or RapidWeaver that is failing to publish the file, publishing it to the wrong location, or the path to the file that’s given to the php script via a stacks template was given an incorrect path – there are many possibilities.

since it’s something surrounding Preview – and restarting sometimes fixes – that implicates some sort of caching – or perhaps a race condition in publishing (like if the files are not yet in place when the page starts to render the php)

ok… that’s a lot of rambling – i think the next step is pretty clear.

  1. we should let @tpbradley and @dan know this thread exists and it sounds like there might be a bug involving php and preview caching of some sort.

  2. we (me and @tpbradley) need to get some file from one or more of you that have seen this error that might help us generate the error in our debuggers. for this we’ll need:

  • the simplest possible project that you can build that does this – a one page project with one stack on the page is the best kind of project. every extra stack and every extra page just risks obscuring the bug from the developers – or confusing them into looking at other things.
  • we’ll need not just the project – but the stacks and themes required to open and preview the project. here is a link explaining how you can share those things with us: https://yourhead.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033849994-Sharing-Your-Project-and-Add-ons
1 Like

I will try and put something demonstratable together over the next few days. My first thoughts are that a simple page may not demonstrate the issue if it is somehow load related but we’ll see how we go.

Thanks for your input.

I thought I had found the issue but I was wrong which is why I deleted my previous post.


I now have a 2 page project that consist of 2 stacks with the offending php stack being cut down to a simple require statement for a minimal php file. The issue occurs when switching from one stacks page to another. I note that switching from a styled text page to the stacks page does not cause the issue…

Will bundle this up on Monday and send. Enjoy the weekend - it’s a 3 day one here and, hopefully, tomorrow will be a fine spring day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.