Floating ad window?

I bought TopBox to make a sales window that floated above page content. But instead of floating, TopBox put the window on the page between the other content.

Any recommendations for a floating window to put copy, pic, a link and a little x in the corner to close it?

Hi!

Perhaps, Doobox Notify stack
https://www.doobox.co.uk/stacks_store/demos/notify.html

or

Elixir Graphics Animagic stack
https://elixirgraphics.com/plugins/animagic

Without a link to your test page, we cannot tell you what is wrong.

It sounds like you have either muddled the trigger and lightbox content regions (so the content is permanently shown in the page flow) or there is a z-index issue with the lightbox not being layered far enough in front of other content. If the latter, then you are probably going to see the same issue with other lightbox stacks too, because they all work in much the same way.

So before you start down a route of burning money on lots of lightbox stacks, it would be good to get TopBox working first. I’m sure others will agree with me in saying TopBox is one of the best stacks at what it does.

2 Likes

Will, the link is: www.photocrash-app.com

The window with the Sticker icons is what I would like to float.

@markgrant Your TopBox is empty:

You have not put any content inside the lightbox, so it opens with only the white border showing:

If you want content shown in this view (like your ‘4 new sticker packs for your chats’ image), you need to select the appropriate content type in the TopBox settings (e.g. image) and add the content in edit mode, into the ‘lightbox’ placeholder.

The documentation and tutorial video for TopBox make this stack remarkably easy to use, so I’d suggest you take a look at those free resources again.

I’m not seeing anything wrong with your setup based on what I can see at this end; other than you’ve not completed the configuration of your TopBox stack yet. Put some content in the lightbox, and it will work just fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.