Font Display Issues with Mojave and Safari

I just finished a Chat with Apple on this issue. Before updating my iMac to Mojave my headers displayed correctly in Firefox, Safari and RapidWeaver. After the update, my headers display correctly in Firefox and RapidWeaver but not in Safari. Apple thinks it is an issue with RapidWeaver.
I uploaded the current Firefox version and the Safari version as screen shots below. Anyone else having issues with Safari?

If anyone that is running Mojave 10.14.1 and Safari would go to wisconsin.com and see if the above heading displays bold, like Firefox or displays like my Safari maybe that would tell me if it is just my iMac OS or an overall problem. If looks fine on my wife’s older Mac Laptop not running Mojave.

Doesn’t display BOLD for me in Safari (Version 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1) - macOS Mojave (version 10.14.1)

Bold in Safari (Version 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1) on 10.14.1) here.

Now that is interesting, on some Safari it works, others no.

It displays bold for me too. Safari 12.0.1

You might take a look at the browsers console on the browser that’s giving you the problem. It miss give a clue as to what’s happening.

From a quick squint at your code, I wonder if it’s some sort of conflict between the multiple levels of inheritance applied to your ‘h3’ tag?

And/or the fact that you use a numerical value:

font-weight: 300

I’ve found these can be unreliable across browsers.

Thanks. I will look into that. I tested it on a number of Mac Safari browsers and got different results.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.