FormSnap no longer sending to text/SMS

I have a client site (realdrywaterproofing.com) on which we utilize FormSnap 3. We use a few different contact form layouts and options (depending on the amount of detail a potential customer wants to provide). I have the completed forms sent to an email address, BUT also to two (2) different phone numbers – one for each of the owners. These are AT&T phone numbers, so the format is the standard: (10-digit phone number)@txt.att.net. The two different numbers and the email address are all separated by commas in the appropriate field in the Inspector. All of a sudden, without any changes on our end, the sending of the completed forms to the phones via text message has stopped working, while the forwarding to the single email address still functions fine. I can’t figure out what the issue is. We even updated the PHP version to the current 8.2 on the server we use (Little Oak is the host). I wear many hats for these guys, and so am not necessarily a web “master” by any means. I also have told the owners that a website that initially went live in 2012 is due for a complete refresh – but budget is always their issue. But as I said, everything was functioning great until a day or so ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to check with AT&T via their contact page. Your hosting service may be getting a bounce-back from AT&T that you are not seeing.

Thanks. What kind of bounce-back would it be? I’m wondering if our host (Little Oak) can tell us something they maybe can see from their end?

Hi @Gunner,

Check with your host if they recently disabled out of domain mailing for PHP Mailer.

Lately a lot of hosts are disabling this feature because of spam abuse. With this feature disabled, a PHP based form mailer can only email within the domain that the website is in. So, if your web address is www.yourwebsite.com, you’ll only be able to email to whatever@yourwebsite.com, but not anything that ends in something else than @yourwebsite.com. So no @txt.att.net either.

If they did disable this, you could opt to send the forms through a true SMTP service. FormSnap supports this. All you need is an account with a provider that offers SMTP and provide FormSnap with the server name, port number and login credentials.

Cheers,
Erwin

Thanks everyone. Our host (Little Oak) said they haven’t changed any policies on their end. Their server logs show that AT&T has suddenly decided to start rejecting the email coming in from our domain email address in the contact forms. Now I either have to (A) reach out to “someone” at AT&T to try and develop a workaround, or (B) convince the two owners to check for the leads in their email account on their iPhones instead of in the Messages text app (admittedly, the better solution – it’s just a matter of actually convincing them to do it!).

1 Like

It should be noted that Formsnap does not claim to send SMS messages.

This is a web hosting issue.

The key is to find out why AT&T is blocking the littleoak server(s)?