FTP App for editing files on Ipad

Hello everyone, Im looking for an FTP App for my ipad from which to edit my site files and wonder if anyone does this and what they use?
I dont have a laptop, just imac and ipad for travel… any recomendations?

Do you want to edit your RW project, or your HTML etc. files?

Transmit works on Macs and iOS. It also syncs bookmarks, etc. between the two. Works really nice.

Per Jannis’ question: It really does matter exactly how you want to edit. Depending on your needs this may not be the best way to go. Instead a CMS like Armadillo and others may be better (and, of course, you can edit content via an iPad).

1 Like

Well, It was mainly a simple sollution to edit the html files, but now you have me thinking about armadillo and cms. Quite honestly I’ve been hesitating to move into cms, but for editing on holiday, it could be usefull. So do cms stacks like armadillo and joes stack also have the possibility for server access?

I’m not sure what your question is and what you are trying to do. A CMS is something you can log into via anything with access to the internet. So you could use it with an iPad. Is there something very specific you are trying to accomplish?

Keep in mind (with non-CMS) that if you alter the HTML then you’ll need to do the same inside RW as soon as possible. Otherwise RW will write over your HTML changes done directly by you.

1 Like

Im on holiday with my ipad. I want to hide some files that are available for download but cant and will have to wait till I’m back home in 3weeks. As this has happened before i thought to get an FTP file managing App to make server side edits till i get home. This is the situation Im in now. Oh, by editting i would simple change the file name so it wouldnt be found!
I dont need a full blown CMS sollution as editing text is all i will do.
Thanx for the questions though as it helps me get clearer.

1. I want to be able to edit files on the server from my iPad - which App would you recommend?
  2. A simple CMS text editing sollution that will work with the RWML stacks - my site is multilingual.

CMS with RWML I don’t know about. Armadillo possibly yes, possibly no. I just don’t know.

For other things you listed Transmit for iOS should be fine.

Panic’s Transmit is available for IOS. It’s on my list of Apps to get if I need it when away from my Mac.

1 Like

Total CMS has a toggle stack that will allow you to hide and show items that way.

This should be a simple thing to do with Total CMS as well. Since you get to create the content and admin pages.

@zeebe he is ALREADY on vacation. Your suggestion doesn’t help him in any way.

https://www.textasticapp.com is a perfect app with inbuilt FTP access and text editor.

Sorry, was giving him ideas for the future.

Thanx, i’ll check it out

thanx for the suggestion but total cms goes way beyond what i need.

Another solution is to use something like “Screens” app - that way you can access your home computer from your iPad and make changes that way. Then you are running Rapidweaver right from your iPad!

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with FTPManager Pro - FTP, SFTP, FTPS client by Skyjos Co., Ltd.

Cheers,

Mike

1 Like

Hi mike just a quetion about ftp for ipad. Does the one you suggest also open/edit .htaccess files

Sorry, but never needed to configure Apache server files. Wouldn’t know.