FTP Upload Error: Failure When Receiving Data From Peer

Changing concurrent uploads didn’t make a difference.

I was browsing through the forums and someone with the same problem got around it by quitting Rapidweaver and going back in and then exporting, so I just tried that and it worked. Wierd or what?

Same problem here. Need to QUIT RW and reopen every time I want to upload the 2nd time. Basically got in the habit of not even trying anymore and just restarting RW everytime I want to upload. haha. Thats sometimes 20+ times in an hour to see minor changes etc.

Maybe should make it an automater action to restart rapid weaver before every upload?

@nikf

This is exactly what I’m seeing too. If I log into my cpanel I can see connections lingering around as if RW isn’t closing them properly. No other FTP app has this issue when uploading, only RW.

Who are you hosting with?

Thanks!

—N

I’m having the same problem randomly. BlueHost is my host. Where in my BH cPanel do I go to see if there are “stuck” ftp connections?

UPDATE: I had Fetch open at the same time. I quit that, and so far no more error messages.

UPDATE 2: Fetch is not the problem. I had errors again this morning with Fetch not running.

Restarting Rapidweaver “solves” this recurring FTP Upload Error for me. My sites are hosted on Machighway. I usually have Transmit running concurrently. Will try closing that FTP app to see if it is contributing to the “Failure When Receiving Data From Peer”

Same problem, happening almost every upload. But then I hit publish again and it goes through okay. Go figure…

El Capitan, Stacks 3, RW 6.3.7

So glad I don’t have to restart RW each time I try to upload (like some), but it’s still a pain to have to do the upload twice (sometime 3 times) in a row each time I make a change to the site. Please find a fix for this. BTW tried lowering max concurrent uploads all the way down to 1, still no good. Using GoDaddy hosting.

Barry
SilkyWebDesign.com

I also have been having that problem. Seems that at best RW can upload once or rarely maybe twice before that error pops up. A restart seems to solve it but geese. LoL

Also a new issue started today.

Last night I was uploading a few changes and that error came up. This morning every time I try to upload it just hangs “Publishing your website” for a while then I get the error… "Couldn’t upload to your FTP server. Upload failed (at start/before it took off). I have changed how many concurrent connections from 1 to 6 all to no avail.

Nothing has changed with my FTP connection, Service provider, or website hosting service.

Please help!

Update: Transmit is not the problem. I have had errors with the Transmit application not running.

I have had the same FTP publishing problems since December. Sometimes even restarting RW did not help and other times, it would publish flawlessly. I thought it might be the server because it was a local, private server company. So I moved one of my sites to Little Oak and have not had a problem with that site since. My previous server’s admin was a PC guy and used Plesk and enom.com and there always seemed to be problems with them. I decided to go to a Mac friendly server. Of course, don’t know if the server was really the problem but I will probably be moving my other sites to LO if I continue to have problems with them.

Mary

I join the ranks , just to add to the forum. Same problem here.Fairly new to RW and have been struggling all day with this, thinking it was my mistake(s) that produced this. But it is totally random when it uploads successfully, although quitting and rebooting seems to help.Sometimes.
last updates of Rw and OSX. maximum uplads 3 or one does not make any difference.

I have the same problem, but restarting doesn’t solve it.
I cannot publish with Rapidweaver, I must export the entire site, so for a little change in one page, I must re-upload the entire site!!!
Can you solve this big bug?
Thanks

I am having this problem and its driving me to despair

Can any one help ? - my website just will not upload and i am told this is rapidweaver problem . I am on Rapidweaver 6.8 and using photgraphos theme.

any suggestions ?

www.jameskerr.co.uk

Hi. As I am encountering the same problem, with RW 7,5… How did you solve ?

I could never get it to work properly despite the multiple attempts at different solutions. I was able to reduce the frequency of errors by changing the “Mode” to Passive and “Connections” to the slowest level. However it was still frustrating. So I started uploading my site files via FileZilla and it worked everytime. It was a pain in the butt but it worked. Then I upgraded to RW7 and it worked everytime. Not sure why your having an issue with 7.5 but thats my experience with RW6

This is a very old post about a totally different release of RapidWeaver. In RW7 the entire publishing engine was rewritten, so I doubt any fix that works for RW6 would solve your problem.

I would recommend you go through this help article and if you can’t solve the issue, open a new post with details outlined in the article.

https://help.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver-troubleshooting/how-to-fix-ftp-publishing-issues

Thanks…; I will first try FileZilla…To be sure my accounts are valid…

Strange situation now… When I enter the IP address it is working… On all my previous works I never added this IP address, but the hostgator hostname…

Anyway… it works…

Assume you’re talking about server name? You didn’t by chance turn on CloudFlare?

Yes, servername… No idea what it is Cloudfare…