Google DNS blocking domain

Google DNS servers are blocking the realmacsoftware.com domain. Just thought you should all know if you use that as your DNS server. Issue was driving me crazy for the past 3 days.

Someone at RealMacSoftware might want to investigate why they are being blocked by Google for DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

1 Like

working fine for me here in eastern US

I live in Australia and havenā€™t been able to connect to the realmacsoftware.com site for nearly a week. I thought that it must be a temporary problem on their end, but when it persisted I used a VPN to move my IP address to the UK and it worked fine. I then changed it the the USA and it also works fine. But if I try to connect ā€˜nativelyā€™ then I get a ā€˜canā€™t find serverā€™ error. It does appear that the DNS servers are blocking the site.

Yes, the (Google) name servers 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 are currently failing to resolve (non-recursively) realmacsoftware.com to its IP.

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> @8.8.8.8 realmacsoftware.com A +norecurse +m
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 2701
;; flags: qr ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;realmacsoftware.com. IN A
;; Query time: 2 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Dec 2 03:09:24 2016
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 37

Some of my devices using Google to resolve name queries are also having difficulty accessing RealMacā€™s site.

Had same problem, tried a few different DNS, this one works (for me at least)

comodo works for me:

1 Like

OpenDNS is also very reliableā€¦

Down for me on Googleā€™s DNS servers as well. Has been for a while now. Had to switch to my ISPā€™s own DNS servers to get here to post.

//cc: @dan

Wonā€™t work either where Iā€™m at (s. Interior BC, Canada), comodo.com as pointed out above does wor:

Has anyone PMā€™d or emailed Dan?

They know about it, we were talking with @LaPan on Joeā€™s weekly hangout yesterday about it.

Good. Thanks, Rob!

Google can be fickle: for over a year (maybe two) I was getting a failure in Safari when performing searches.

Eventually it got fixed - no word, acknowledgement or explanationā€¦