Help with formatting text in stacks similar to a word doc

I’m not saying you can’t put carriage returns bullets or whatever in one stack and make it as long as you like.

What I’m saying is it’s not the proper way to do it. It throws off the vertical rhythm of the text.

The op wanted to know how to get proper formatting like a word processor. A word processor creates a paragraph when you have a carriage return, HTML does not. You only get a new paragraph tag when you use another paragraph stack.

I understand it seems like a pain, I myself have been known to just add a carriage return and move on. But that is not the proper way to do it.

This has been discussed many times.

here is a post about it by Andrew Tavemor @tav that explains it better than I can.

1 Like

You can’t forget about markdown stacks. Markdown will put in proper <p> </p> tags.

1 Like

That’s absolutely true Doug. And markdown can be a huge time saver, I’m a big fan.

You can also do it with an HTML stack by adding your own<p> tags.

But I think this discussion is aimed at paragraph stack(s) and @tav paragrapgPro.

If @garyp seperatse his paragraphs, lists, drop quotes, and headers into seperate stacks, he can get what he wants in the way of proper formatting.

The code will be correct, and there won’t be unforeseen issues.

How do things like this turn int 20+ posts? :grinning: RW is just to darn flexible :grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like