How avoid RW backing up project's zip file?

Although I realise the advantage of it, I’d like to opt out of RW backing up my project’s zip file, but how?

Or at least set it 1x / week…

There is nothing in the Publishing settings…. https://d.pr/free/i/zet7UP

/

with best regards,

Omar KN

Stockholm, Sweden

Look further down on the screenshot you posted. Near the bottom there’s a backup frequency options, yours is set to never.

1 Like

Yes, mine is set to backup frequency: never: but RW does upload my project, even older versions of it.

That’s the opposite of never.

/

with best regards,

Omar KN

Stockholm, Sweden

Why do you think it is “backing up” the project file to the host?

Do you have a directory on the host with a large directory name ending with _rwbackup?

2019-06-03_12-24-46

The screenshot in your post shows the Download Backup Button disabled, that usually indicates that the “Backup to Host” has never been done.

I haven’t seen the issue or not using the backup feature.

1 Like

Hi Doug,

Alright - my projects are apparently not “backed up” to the host, but there were zip files of my project sent to the server, some 6 - 8 MB in size and I deleted them.

Where is the settings for those - not to be packaged and uploaded?

/

with best regards,

Omar KN

Stockholm, Sweden

The only “project backup” is the one I listed above. To my knowledge there’s no other options or function built in RapidWeaver that would do what you said happened.
I personally never use the backup option, as I have a complete backup strategy of everything on my computers including offsite storage. But I have run tests on the built in backup and it appears to work fine for those that choose to use it. Turning it on and off seems to work as well.

Just like the rest of RapidWeaver’s publishing function it doesn’t delete anything on the server(a good thing) including the backup and associated directory. So if you’ve turned it off and you wish to delete the backup you have to do that manually with a ftp client or your hosting file manager.

If what you deleted wasn’t within that unusually named directory It didn’t come from RapidWeaver bult-in backup. Since you didn’t say what the file name was or where on the server it was found, it’s difficult to say where it may have come from.

Does it reappear on the server each time you publish?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.