How can I change/update my License Key in RapidWeaver Classic?

If you have recently obtained a new license key for RapidWeaver Classic and need to replace your existing one, follow the steps outlined below.

We have also recorded a video walkthrough highlighting the steps below.

Step 1 - Deactivate Your Old License

First you will need to deactivate your old license. You can do that by:

• Select RapidWeaver Classic » Registration
  • Click on the “Activations” button

• Click on the “Deactivate” button next to each device you’d like to activate your new license on.

Step 2 - Activate Your New License

Next you will activate your new license. You can do that by:

• Click on the “Activate License…” button, then enter your new license details, and finally click on the “Activate” button.

change-license-in-rwc-3

Congratulations! You’ve successfully updated your license in RapidWeaver Classic. You will see your new expiration date listed in the registration window. This will be 1 year from the date you purchased the new license.

change-license-in-rwc-4

Upgrade License Video Walkthrough

We’ve also put together a video to help guide you through the process.

If you have any questions or encounter any troubles feel free to drop us an email at support@realmacsoftware.com.

Happy Weaving! :partying_face:

I love RapidWeaver and have used it since v. 4, but I’ve never seen a piece of software that requires one to deactivate a license first before one can enter and activate a new license for a renewed or upgraded subscription. The old license is automatically “deactivated” by dint of its having expired, so we’re really talking about the ability to replace an old number with a new one. At the least, perhaps there could be a prompt on on the Registration window reminding users about this so we’d not have to write RealMac support or search the forum.

Hi @christopherberg,

Thanks for sticking with us since v. 4!

This guide is for those who need to switch out an older license type with our newer license types, or for those switching between our newer license types (upgrading from Personal to Business for example). Once you are on our newer license types (and don’t need to upgrade or downgrade anymore) you wouldn’t need to repeat this process on the next renewal, the license would just renew itself without having to change anything.

Hope that helps. If you have licensing questions or issues please feel free to contact us anytime at support (at) realmacsoftware (dot) com.

I wonder what happened, then, because I already had a RW 9 license from when v. 9 was first released (I never had a business license), which I guess is the “newer type.” It had expired and I was prompted to renew it, but I still had to go through the deactivation process after purchasing a renewal. Anyway, it’s all sorted now and I can get back to work.

You had an early-bird license. We discontinued those to simplify our licensing offerings.

Sounds good, although looking at your purchase history, I see you purchased two of our newer license types. I feel like one of those might be a duplicate. I will reach out to you via email to sort that.

Cheers