How to make a site mobile friendly

(Anders Nilsson) #1

Hi!
I am quite a beginner in RapidWeaver 7 and want to have advices and tip how to make a site editionstockholm.com friendly to use on mobile devices - what do I need?
Thanks for you help!
Anders

(Michael M.) #2

Use a responsive theme

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #3

Yup, there are a ton of good responsive themes that come with RapidWeaver 7. My favorite one is Reason, and I think that would work great with your current site. Not an exact duplicate look, but should be a very good replacement.

Little off topic, but has to do with your site, I was looking it over and saw this statement about Peter Lindroth:

Peter Lindroth Born in Norrköping on the 3rd of June 3, 1950.

Have the 3rd of June 3. Sorry, my background is teaching, and I see this stuff (although I am just as guilty of doing something like this as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(Anders Nilsson) #4

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your answer, will check it! Hehe, thanks for your proofreading as well, I will correct it next week!
Happy Easter!
Regards,
Anders

(Anders Nilsson) #5

But I am quite fond of Freelance Pro-theme - wish there was another method?

(Doug Bennett) #6

Unfortunately, unless the developer updates the theme to be responsive, you would need to choose another theme.

If you can find one of the delivered themes to your liking, might have a look at some of Will Woodgates FloodThemes (@willwood).

They all have free demo versions to try before you buy.

https://themeflood.com/

(Jason Bostick) #7

It looks like that Freelancer Pro theme was an old built-in one, made by Realmac. So maybe your site will translate to one of their built-in responsive ones if you try swapping it over.

Otherwise, as others have said, not much you can do but look for a responsive option.

(Anders Nilsson) #8

Thank you all for your tip and advices!

(r) #9

If you want to keep the same feel of your site, take a look at this theme, it has the same dark grey gradient look and is responsive.

http://michaeldaviddesign.com/themes/venture

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.