How to make external links return to thw RW web site

On my own site, I have an external link to another site on the web but, when I exit from that linked site, I am not returned to my own web site.
How can I configure that link to return to the page on my own site?
I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Can you just set the external link to open in a new window?

1 Like

Isn’t that what the “Back” button is for on the browser? :slight_smile: Or Bookmarks? Or History?

Yes I can do that but, it won’t do what I want.
I want the viewer on my site to be able to go to the link (e.g. to go to an external web site and download something and then be able to return to the same page on my site, where the original link was clicked.

I was able to do this in Dreamweaver and also in Adobe Muse, so I am hoping it can be done in RapidWeaver too.

As written before, check the box in the link menu to open a new page, then the other site will open in a new tab of the browser. So 2 tabs, one with your site, the other with the other site.

1 Like

It seems that I didn’t read the previous post correctly, I am so sorry (it’s an age thing)
I now understand what to do and can confirm that I have checked that box and everything works as I want it to.
So easy, when you know how eh!
Thanks for your help.
Ronnie West.

1 Like

I’m trying to do this in Adobe Muse. How is it done? Thanks for your help.

What are you trying to do in Muse?

Thanks for replying. I want the viewer on my site to be able to go to the link to an external web site and then be able to return to the same page on my site, where the original link was clicked.

Hello yovalentno,
I don’t use Muse any longer but I did write a few tutorials about it when I created a previous web site.I still have those tutorials (one of which is about External links) perhaps this will help you understand your linking problem.
Send me your email address to, info@ronniewestphotography.com and I will send it to you.
Ronnie West.