How to use links in Google Sheets in Weavium Gsheet

Thanks to some suggestions here, I bought Gsheet from Weavium in order to use my Google Sheet to create a Birthday of the day. I combined it with Timed Content, and its seems to be working.

My question concerns links in the Google Sheet. Using Gsheet, the links appear as text, not clickable links? I have links to websites, YouTube, and jpgs.

Is there a solution to this? How about having jpgs show up as pics, rather than links?

Thanks, as always, to the expertise here.

Terry Vosbein

here is the site: https://stankenton.net

I removed the links as text for the time being because they were almost useless.

Do you have the correct description in the top line of the corresponding column?

See example:

1 Like

If you use the image stack in the G-Sheet stacks suite fotos show up as fotos - you just set the Attribute to the row where the links to the photos are. You can even give every photo a link with the Link attribute (another row you can specify)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-27 um 10.23.16

Text links: Make sure to make the links in the Google sheet ā€œrealā€ links (see screenshot above)

Thanks to you both. 1) at some point a reordered the Google Sheet and lost my headers. I have since frozen them; 2) I was able to add the links to photos using the Gsheet photos stack, rather than the text stack as I had been trying; 3) I was able to add the links to external pages successfully using the Gsheet button stack.

One last thing.

Is there a way to force the link in the Gsheet Button stack to open in a new page? I know the html code for that, but it seems this is asking for a simple HTTP link.

Thanks!

Terry

I have the same question. Looks to me like you need the GSheet ā€˜Buttonā€™ stack:

1. Set the ā€˜Link Fromā€™ to ā€˜Attributeā€™
  2. Set the ā€˜Link Typeā€™ to Basic (for URLā€™s), Email or Phone Number
  3. Set the ā€˜row.attributeā€™ to the appropriate column in your GSheet

and this should work. I canā€™t see any way to do text links however. If there is Iā€™d like to hear!

1 Like

That is how I got it to work, the Button stack.

I tried using this in the Text stack, but it didnā€™t, work: <a href=ā€œ{{row.link}}ā€œ>More info</a>

It returned this link: http://127.0.0.1:65514/ā€œ{{row.link}}"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.