Identifying Missing Stacks

Hi everyone, I know there is a similar post “Help identifying a lost stack?” but I’m hoping someone can help me figure out how to do it myself?
I maintain www.surgtech.net and it uses a number of different stacks and I’ve been here before following system reinstallations trying to remember what they all are.
Is there any way to find the references to the stacks used in my project file?
Or maybe specifics references in the published files?

Thanks, Martyn

The one that has me most baffled just now is a “template” enclosing the text beneath each of our ‘Featured Content’ video embeds on the page http://www.surgtech.net/rhinoatlas/

@mlbarnes

That site uses:

Theme:
Stuffy - WeaverThemes

Stacks - YourHead Software (V3.0.0) - v3.0.4 current version

• Looks like there may be some Stacks code from 2.0 or 2.5 as well… which means the project was not updated properly from RW5.4.1 to 6 as is highly advised imho

Stacks/Plugins:
Global Import - Joe Workman (1.3.1)
Liquid Columns - Doobox (1.0.3)
Text drop - Joe Workman (2.4.2)
FreeStyle 2 - stacks4stacks (2.3.5) - This one is likely part of the Theme

How did I figure this out?

Using Safari with Developer Tools Enabled, right click, choose inspect element
Theme, stacks generally leave references in the head section of the HTML

The ‘template’ for the link under the featured content is likely just a stacks paragraph/text/Header element, but because it looks like it was made with multiple versions of Stacks Plugin (just my guess) it appears in the page as a 'Template" section in edit mode… or originally a different Theme…

HTH
Brad

1 Like

Brad, You’re a genius - I couldn’t have asked for more - even the version numbers!
Particularly figuring out the issue with the multiple versions of Stacks - it looks like a missing stack, but I’m sure you’re right that it isn’t - it has just wound up looking that way.
That explains a lot!

Thanks very much! Martyn

1 Like

Glad I was able to help a little, it really was easy though and I am making a tutorial on this subject as it has come up a few times.

Yup, when you see ‘Template’ in a stack, that usually means that that content is from a different Theme, different version of Stacks or from a missing Plugin/stack (If a missing stack, there will be clues in the ‘Head’ section of the page.

Brad