Impact (JoeWorkman) + Play (Doobox) work, RapidWeaver 7.0.2 fixes Resources issue (SOLVED)

(Ben) #1

“Play” by doobox and “impact” by Joe Workman does not work with RW7 / Safari.
Does anyone has the same problem? and a solution?

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #2

Kind of hard to help with just your basic statements. Do you have a URL? Have you contacted support for both developers?

(Ben) #3

not yet. But I wanted to know if I had to wait for a update.

(Ben) #4

“Impact” does not work for me, even in preview RW7

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #5

I don’t have play but Impact works flawlessly for me. See this video:
CloudApp

What version of the Stacks plugin do you have???

You can see that site here:
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/endeavor-impact/

(Doobox Software) #6

Yep, Play work just the same in RW7 as RW6. If the problem persists, drop me a support mail from the site please, with a url to your page showing the issue : https://www.doobox.co.uk/support/support.php

(Ben) #7

thank you ! Yes it works with Impact / pictures. But not with a video. (same problem with “play”).

(Ben) #8

Thank you. I’ll do that. On your side, “Play” does it work properly in preview / RW7 ?

(Doobox Software) #9

Play will preview a self hosted video within Rapidweaver. If you have chosen the YouTube option, then you won’t see that play until it is published. But you will see a big red label on the stack telling you this when you preview within Rapidweaver.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #10

See, details like this helps when you ask for help. Again, it works for me, see the URL again
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/endeavor-impact/

(Jochen Abitz) #11

Impact does not show a video for me too.

(Ben) #12

my videos are self hosted. et no preview in RW7 / Safari. But it works with Firefox / preview

(Doobox Software) #13

Just get on to me via support before I finish for the day, and we’ll get a few screenshots off you, or a copy of your project file. It will be something simple.

(Ben) #14

I think the problem is not serious. I exported the site into a folder and it works. It seems that the problem concerns only the “preview”. I think it is a problem of RW7 / Preview video. (same problem with '“impact” / video)

(Doobox Software) #15

Well 8:30pm here now, so I am done for the day. But I will take a wild guess at the issue you are seeing.

When using self hosted video, Play offers you two links to two video files. You should have both video files on a server , and link to both.

Mp4, for Safari Chrome etc etc, and webm is a backup for Firefox.

The behaviour you have described suggests on the face of it that you have only linked to a webm video file.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #16

Is this happening in Preview?? (has never been said yet if so, but I am getting that this is the issue).

Unfortunately, this works for me, in Preview, Preview Safari and Publish.

(Ben) #17

yes black screen on preview. But it works with preview in Firefox and export in files (safari, firefox, chrome etc…)

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #18

What is the URL you are using for your video??

(Jochen Abitz) #19

Yes, in preview and preview in Safari. No video. It is in resources and linked. I just saw it right now.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #20

Then this sounds like a RapidWeaver 7 issue and not an Impact issue. Resources and links are on their end. I would contact Realmac Support.