Inserting Link Screws Up Formatting…

Hi there,

Inserting a link via the Add a Link button text seems to yield a funky result. Namely, the link/s and all following text are forced into a new para appearing at the top of the column.

Here is the text as entered:

==========
Questions?
If you would like further information on a piece or a shipping quote prior to purchase, please feel free to call (xxx.xxx.xxx) or email us. Read more about shipping.

And here is how appears after inserting links for email (mailto:) and “about shipping” (page link):

==========
email us. Read more about shipping.

Questions?
 If you would like further information on a piece or a shipping quote prior to purchase, please                              feel free to call (xxx.xxx.xxx) or email us.  Read more about shipping.

==========

Lastly, this is how the page is setup:
Flood theme > Stacks page > Extra Content Plus stack > Font stack > Text stack

Any ideas? Many thanks!

It’s difficult to offer any suggestions without a URL. Have yo got one?

Rob

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, no URL as the site is not yet published. One other thing I would add is that the funky formatting appears when previewing the page in both RW and Safari.

As @robbeattie sai, dit’s going to be difficult for you to get help without a URL to at least a test page.
If you are unable to get a single test page then perhaps actually screenshots of what you’re are entering, how your entering it and screenshots of what gets displayed might be useful, but a published page is always easier to get help from.

Thanks for your note. Here is a screenshot of the text as entered:
38%20PM

And another of how it renders in preview:
47%20PM

Not sure what the html c tags <c> around Question are for? That’s not a normal HTML tag but probably isn’t the problem. It looks like you are using a styled text stack to put the text in?
I don’t use styled text as it does a terrible job with semantics, things like proper paragraph tags, again may not be your problem.
Without a URL to a test page, it’s hard to say for sure.
If you don’t want to publish a page yet, then I would start with a process of elimination.
Take the text stack by itself on a page. No extra content plus no font stack. Does it display ok on a stack page by itself? If so add the font stack, does it show okay? Then add the extra content plus, and check?
My gut would make me think it might be a compatibility issue with extra content plus and the font stack. But that’s just a guess.
If that’s the case, you could try dropping the font stack or try another EC stack.

Hi Doug. Thanks for the suggestions. Isolating the stacks did not fix it. However, I finally solved the problem by copying and pasting as plain text into a new Styled Text stack and then re-adding the links. Go figure… Thanks again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.