Interactive blog

Which add on(s) do you recommend to build an interactive blog with RW8? Thank you.

There are a lot of possibilities out there:
Total CMS - Weavers Space
Poster Stack - Instacks
Alloy (needs Foundry) - Elixir
Armadillo - Forgot who makes this
Pulse (might have a blog option) - Yazool (I think)

This is a good starting list

I’d add GoCMS from Yabdab
The Blogger stacks (uses Blogger)
The free Microblog stack (uses Tumblr)

1 Like

Thank you both for the options, I appreciate your help, will check them out. I am not very knowledgable with building yet but much enjoying the process! Looking for one which has options like the attached screenshot.

Is the idea to update the blog using Rapidweaver, rather than allowing a client to log in using their browser?

If so, the Poster stack will give you a look very close to that with very few tweaks.

Rob

2 Likes

Yes, I will write and upload the blogs, just want to have areas for people to comment on them/have interaction, and share through social media if they want. Thanks, will check out the link.

Hi Rob, so I have added some blog to fill and see how I can arrange them similar to the photo I sent but for me the line up all at the same level, I do not see how do have them stacked next to each other, or in 2 rows, and using a 2 column stack did not help. Any ideas? https://animalconcepts.eu/whatwedo/blog/

Hi Sabrina,

Please double check these settings:

Thanks Jannis, I have tried to play around with this with more and less of them, but the only thing that happens for me is that if I add more columns it makes them smaller but all stay in 1 row, what am I missing?

The Aspen theme you are using seems to override a lot of settings, so that the Poster settings aren’t able to get activated. See a screenshot below with some adapted Aspen theme html code.

Thank you.

How can I do that please?

And have more padding between the 2 rows?

The way I was able to let it look like this isn’t possible for you, as I deleted all of the Aspen theme blog styling in the browser, which isn’t permanent.

In order to override the CSS of the theme, I need more time, if it is possible at all. Sorry that I am not able to help you with this right now.

Thanks, no problem.

Please try to add following JS into the code area of the page (I don’t have this theme, so a shot in the dark):

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) { 
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-list-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-list-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-item').unwrap();
});

See screenshot 1.

Afterwards, make sure to have the columns activated (screenshot 2).

The padding and margins you can adjust in the settings (screenshot 3).

Hi thanks, that did not work for me. Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep looking or will have to get something else for nicer blog layout, I had hoped Poster would do it.

It’s a theme issue, no Poster Stack issue.

If you want to have a deeper discussion, please send me an email: inStacks Software | Contact

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.