Interactive blog

(Sabrina Brando) #1

Which add on(s) do you recommend to build an interactive blog with RW8? Thank you.

(Robert Ziebol 🖖🏼) #2

There are a lot of possibilities out there:
Total CMS - Weavers Space
Poster Stack - Instacks
Alloy (needs Foundry) - Elixir
Armadillo - Forgot who makes this
Pulse (might have a blog option) - Yazool (I think)

This is a good starting list

(Rob Beattie) #3

I’d add GoCMS from Yabdab
The Blogger stacks (uses Blogger)
The free Microblog stack (uses Tumblr)

(Sabrina Brando) #4

Thank you both for the options, I appreciate your help, will check them out. I am not very knowledgable with building yet but much enjoying the process! Looking for one which has options like the attached screenshot.

(Rob Beattie) #5

Is the idea to update the blog using Rapidweaver, rather than allowing a client to log in using their browser?

If so, the Poster stack will give you a look very close to that with very few tweaks.

Rob

(Sabrina Brando) #6

Yes, I will write and upload the blogs, just want to have areas for people to comment on them/have interaction, and share through social media if they want. Thanks, will check out the link.

(Sabrina Brando) #7

Hi Rob, so I have added some blog to fill and see how I can arrange them similar to the photo I sent but for me the line up all at the same level, I do not see how do have them stacked next to each other, or in 2 rows, and using a 2 column stack did not help. Any ideas? https://animalconcepts.eu/whatwedo/blog/

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #8

Hi Sabrina,

Please double check these settings:

(Sabrina Brando) #9

Thanks Jannis, I have tried to play around with this with more and less of them, but the only thing that happens for me is that if I add more columns it makes them smaller but all stay in 1 row, what am I missing?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #10

The Aspen theme you are using seems to override a lot of settings, so that the Poster settings aren’t able to get activated. See a screenshot below with some adapted Aspen theme html code.

(Sabrina Brando) #11

Thank you.

How can I do that please?

And have more padding between the 2 rows?

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #12

The way I was able to let it look like this isn’t possible for you, as I deleted all of the Aspen theme blog styling in the browser, which isn’t permanent.

In order to override the CSS of the theme, I need more time, if it is possible at all. Sorry that I am not able to help you with this right now.

(Sabrina Brando) #13

Thanks, no problem.

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #14

Please try to add following JS into the code area of the page (I don’t have this theme, so a shot in the dark):

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) { 
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-list-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-list-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-item').unwrap();
    stacks.jQuery('.poster-item').unwrap();
});

See screenshot 1.

Afterwards, make sure to have the columns activated (screenshot 2).

The padding and margins you can adjust in the settings (screenshot 3).