As the name suggests, ProGallery is designed and built for professional photographers and film makers. Users who typically need to create immersive photographic and video galleries for the modern internet.
RapidWeaver is crowded with an ever-growing choice of gallery stacks. With this in mind, we consulted with some existing ProGallery users (a few of which are photographic experts) and asked the tough question of what they would like to see done better! Through this consultation, several significant changes have been incorporated into version 2:
- Faster loading galleries that can safely handle huge collections of both images and video
- Lightbox titles, caption content and controls that do not layer-over or obscure your media
- Support for high-resolution retina display optimised photographs within lightbox mode
- Brilliant responsiveness and accessibility for all users; whether they are on smartphone, tablet or desktop
- Basic animation effects that will not turn pages into a flickery mess or suffer jerky transitions
- Options to disable the lightbox and apply standard links on thumbnails, for linking to sub-galleries or webpages
- A super-simple setup process, so more time can be spent doing actual photography, film making and just enjoying life!
Although a couple of lesser used features have been phased out in ProGallery 2, we’re confident that this major update re-establishes ProGallery as the unrivalled image and video gallery solution for professional photographers, artists and film makers, who depend on RapidWeaver. A huge amount of care and attention to detail has been put into this update. More free updates are planned; to continue evolving the stack and possibly adding more sources in partnership with other developers.
This video explains all the most noteworthy features new in ProGallery 2 and the basics of how to use this wonderful stack. A fully functioning free demo version of the stack is available for download.
ProGallery 2 is a free update for all existing customers. It can be installed alongside older versions of the stack. The update is ready to be downloaded from your Paddle account.
Any technical support questions or feedback can be posted via the Stacks4Stacks support page, from where you can be assured of a swift and friendly response.