Introducing the QueryDisplay stack (free)

Announcing QueryDisplay - The purpose of this simple stack is to hide or display content, based on URL query strings and matching parameters that may be present in the browser address bar. If a matching parameter / value pair is found in the address bar (or if a numerical value that falls within a specific range), a block of content within QueryDisplay is displayed.

This is an extremely quick, simple and efficient stack suitable for a multitude of possible jobs. QueryDisplay can loop through an infinite number of parameters within a query string and will intelligently display a message if no matches are found. It can even handle multiple parameters too!

QueryDisplay is going to be a fantastic compliment to our upcoming CalcStack; to help your website users generate estimates and calculate / view the best possible products or services you have to offer. But in the meantime, you can use it stand-alone for a wide variety of tasks. QueryDisplay will work with any existing link or button creation methods.

Try the live examples published on the product page. QueryDisplay is provided as a free stack.

10 Likes

Great! Thanks Will! Another great stack. Thanks for all you do.

1 Like

@willwood
Thanks Will, probably a great stack again as all your stuff :slight_smile:
I have already the Boutique theme and quite a few stacks of you, will check again your site to make a purchase and so contribute to your hard work.

Great stuff, top client support!!

Always great to see what new stacks you come up with. Even better, free stacks :slight_smile:
The best support as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the feedback! :+1:

I’ve also cited an example on Facebook, where you could use QueryDisplay in email newsletter links to personalise the content shown on your webpages. The idea being that people clicking through from an email could see alternative content, compared to those coming to the website from other routes:

4 Likes

I understand that I drag this stack onto a page, add a condition (by clicking the blue child stack option), and if the value is foo then the content that is dropped into this stack is displayed, correct?

But where would the user click or enter anything that resulted in “foo”?

Would I add a button somewhere else on the same page and then assign the button a class of “foo”? And when the button is clicked then the information (stacks) that are dropped into the QueryDisplay stack that matches the class (foo) is displayed?

Thanks for your support.

Haven’t used this yet (I plan to soon) but the condition comes from the url I believe. You create a link that uses the querysting. On Wills example page HERE hover over the example links and note the query string on the link. (The questionmark and afterward.)

Here’s one example link:
https://stacks4stacks.com/querydisplay/?cat=true

Try the above url and see the render then change the cat=true to cat=false when the url is in your address bar and see what you get

Didn’t know you were on Facebook, but instant like.

I just wrote a blogpost on how to do this on BrandonCorlett.com! :slight_smile: It’s nice to have it as a stack. Way to go!