After deliberately waiting a few months after launch I finally upgraded this week from RW6 & my initial impressions are all good here’s what I like:
- the overall interface has been refined and improved I’ve only been using it a short while but already I prefer it over RW6.
- publishing is much better. I have it set to ‘6 - Fast as Hell’ and it’s worked perfectly for me. I like all the info it displays when publishing also. It’s definitely more reliable than RW6 publishing which was a bit hit or miss for me.
- projects window is improved
- process of upgrading to RW7 was very easy especially when compared to upgrading from 5 to 6.
- previewing pages seems to be quick
- although I haven’t used it yet the ‘Health check’ feature looks useful