Members Stack Logout Question

@yuzool, first off, the Members stack was super easy to use, I had the site up and running quickly.

Will the site automatically log someone out after a period of time, closing the browser, or will they have to physically click “logout”?

@dropgates
I also own the members stack, unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to use it. I wished the developer or anyone, for that matter, could make a short video to show how to use it.

There was a pretty detailed pdf that came with the stack and I followed it. Let me see if I can get you headed in the right direction.

I created a normal RW site for a client, published it onto the server. For me, I put the site into a folder called add-on-domains, then the domain name. Example path: /add-on-domains/mysitedotcom/

I then took the sample RW file, (made a back up copy of the original) that came with the stack, kept it in a separate RW project and set the publishing path to: /add-on-domains/mysitedotcom/members/ That’s it, there was nothing else to do to make it work. I didn’t combine the locked down pages with the unlocked pages yet (I kept them in two separate projects). I was just trying to get it up and running quickly for a client to review. My locked page is a single page of pricing for subscribers, so it was fairly basic.

Visited the url mysitedotcom/members/ and saw the sample project from Yuzool. I then went back to the sample project file from Yuzoolthemes and started customizing the project to what I needed, then republished.

The only thing I changed was in the form on the Login page, I changed the username to eMail Address. The register page, I changed the username to say email and the email I changed to Re-enter your email address. I thought it would be better for the visitors of the site to just remember an email address rather than a name. I don’t think this will have any issues and I’ve performed several tests on it that seem to work out.

I also went into the Advanced setting in RW and unchecked the sitemap setting, so there was not xml sitemap for the Members “site”. I also did the same for the Enable Robot Meta Tags setting on the pages as well.

Hope that helps you out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.