Moving to a new computer

(John Richards) #1

Bought a new iMac and need to move Rapidweaver7 from a MacBook Pro to the iMac. I managed to install Rapidweaver, now how do I get the themes, plugins, stacks and projects to the iMac? Is this documented somewhere?
Thanks,
John

(Dave Farrants) #2

Open RW7 on MacBookPro, then Rapidweaver Menu (Rapidweaver 7) > Alt key > ‘Reveal Addons folder’. Copy Stacks etc to USB stick, Repeat on iMac > copy back. For any items requiring a serial number you’ll have to re-enter it.

(Jonathan Spencer) #3

Don’t forget to deactivate the RapidWeaver registration in the RapidWeaver 7 menu > Registration then Deactivate License. If you don’t might not be able to register your new iMac.

(Brandon Scott Corlett) #4

Each license can be used on up to two machines. If you need to recover your serial number visit my.paddle.com

(John Richards) #5

Thank you Dave, Jonathan and Brandon for your help. Dave, I tried copying the stacks to a USB stick and copying them to the iMac stacks folder. However Rapidweaver program does not recognize these files. I have downloaded things like stacks3 and stacks that I could find the download links for and these work fine. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks again! John

(Dave Farrants) #6

I can’t answer that! - I moved all my stacks from a Mac Pro to an iMac recently using a USB stick with no problems.