Need to transfer to a new iMac Help!

Hi Dan,
Where would I find the project file?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
Neil.

Not sure really, it could be anywhere as you have the option to choose your save location when saving the project file. Could be on your Desktop, or it could be in your Documents folder, or it could be in any folder you specified when you first saved the project.

Since you mentioned you are using RapidWeaver 6 on these old Macs, the project files have a .rw6 file extension. You could do a spotlight search for that file extension if you are having trouble locating the project file.

Would the ‘wheeltappers dcc sounds’ be the file I’m looking for as well as the ‘Hackworth’ which is the other site?
Its about 111 mb in size and does have .rw6 at the end, just want to make sure.
Thanks.
Neil.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 16.55.33

Seems like it. Try opening them in RW6 and see what happens.

Hi Dan,
copied it across and getting an error.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 18.59.00
Neil. :sob: :disappointed:

Sent you a Direct Message.

Sent you something.
Not sure if its all you need and the email address as well.
Let me know if you receive everything.
I’m having an early night as I’ve picked up a bug from the weekend travels so might not reply until tomorrow.
Neil.

No I’m not seeing any email from you. I sent you a direct message here on the forum. If you click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the forum, you should see the notification. You can click on the notification and then reply to me in that direct message. :slightly_smiling_face:

So I believe we got this sorted.

The RW6 project file was quite large (over 250 pages). One of the pages was corrupted which was causing the issue with RW6 not being able to open it.

Once that page was sorted, the project file could be opened again.

Always fun debugging ancient versions of our app :joy:, but happy when we can get things working again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Dan,
Well I hope so.
I’ll transfer the stacks in the morning now so hopefully all goes well.
I’ve a problem with Mac 1 that it will not upload to the server, that started last week before we moved everything over.
I spoke to the server people (one.com) and they told me to change my password but I’ve tried 3 time and still not uploading to the server but I think its a server issue not the RW6.
I’ll contact them again in the morning now.
Hope I don’t have to bother you again.
Thanks again.
Neil.