'Nothing to Install' message

When opening RW8 projects I frequently get a pop up with the message: “the bundle (project name) doesn’t contain anything that needs to be installed”. I click OK and the project doesn’t open. What’s all that about?

Issue Solved. It happens if you try to open a RW8 Project but only the RW7 App is open. If both are closed, RW8 will just open normally, but an open RW7 app seems to block RW8 from opening.

2 Likes

that’s very abnormal. RW7 doesn’t not know how to open files with the .rw8 extension. you can’t even drop an .rw8 file onto the RW7 app – the app will reject it and the Finder won’t allow the drop.

Here’s a grab. RW7 is open. RW8 is closed. I am trying to open an RW8 project

It’s not a major issue in practice. RW8 projects open fine directly with RW8 or automatically when RW7 is closed.

I have always noticed this issue. If you have one version of RW and try to open a project file from a different version of RW it does this. I always thought this was a way macOS did it, as RapidWeaver is the only app I have multiple versions installed on, as I need to do support. I have RW 5-8 installed on two of my computers.

It’s not only different versions, I keep multiple releases of the same version too… For sanity I always rename my RW app including the version and build. When I open a project I use the right click “open with” so I can assure the intended version is in use.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.