Opening existing .html file

I have a website saved on my MAC desktop. I cannot seem to open the .html files. Any help would;d be greatly appreciated.

You need to open the RW file.

when I go open file… select my flashdrive I can see the .html files but they are greyed out

RW will not open html files. You can paste the html code into a html page in RW, but you’ll probably want to re-create the page in RW with a styled text or other type of RW page.

1 Like

Recreating the page maybe my only option…

If you don’t have a RW file, yes.

1 Like

Why do you want to open the html files? If you are thinking RW will open them… no. RW only opens RW Project files. The Project files create html and php pages from them but you cannot open the html or php back into RW.

If you have html code you want to see you can open the html/php in Text Edit and view it as a text file. If you are going to be working in html I suggest a text editor specifically for that such as TextWrangler or BBedit.

1 Like

|Hi,

I bought RapidWeaver 8 to replace Adobe Dreamweaver. I have a large website created in Dreamweaver and saved as .html files. I can not figure how to open my existing pages in Rapidweaver to edit it. I would not like to start from scratch again. Is this possible with Rapidweaver? If not, I would need to cancel my purchase of Rapidweaver and look for something else that will allow me to edit my current website.

Stuart Schneider, stuart@wordcraft.net

I think Greg said it pretty well in the post above. Without knowing exactly what you’re going for, RW is likely not what you’re looking for

2 Likes

No… if you read the previous post comments, Rapidweaver is a self-contained Application which creates html files as part of a package.
You’d need to email realmac directly about a refund.

1 Like