Plugins not loading with Big Sur & M1 Chip

Plugins FormLoom, PayLoom, Mobilize, Sitemap are not loading, and producing an error when I load Rapidweaver. I have removed the use of FormLoom, PayLoom and Sitemap from all my sites, but the message still appears. I have also removed the check mark next to the plugin (under addons) assuming this would keep Rapidweaver from attempting to load these addons. I then went back and deleted all the old rapidweaver files I had (rw6, rwsw, etc.) but the message still appears.

I searched the FAQ and found someone who reported a similar issue back in May 2020, but it was under Catalina and there was really no answer to the post.

Maybe this:

and

https://help.realmacsoftware.com/kb/guide/en/m1-based-macs-and-rapidweaver-Yl87eQEMUP/Steps/262176

3 Likes

Not all plugins are coded for M1 yet. The latest FormLoom actually is though. Your choices are to remove the plugins from the system folder, or run RW via Rosetta (as mentioned).

What I want to do is remove the plugins. I unchecked them hoping they wouldn’t be loaded. How exactly can plugins be deleted?

You need to locate the RapidWeaver addons folder.

You can get to it multiple ways, preferences>addons, button at the top of RW. Menu item.

Anyway once you get to the addons manager there’s a button at the bottom reveal in finder.

You can finder them there. Delete them and relaunch RW.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, as that resolved the issue. I was looking for them in Finder, and not sure exactly what to delete. Your solution worked perfectly.

1 Like

If you get the latest FormLoom you will at least be OK with that one.

btw my favourite way to get to the plugins folder is simply to hit cmd-7

M1 compatible Formloom can be downloaded here…

https://www.yabdab.com/beta

4 Likes

Hello, so glad I found this post (thanks @FranMacLeran). I’m in the process of clean installing RW on a new iMac (M1 + Big Sur). As far as I can tell Rosetta 2 comes pre-installed on Big Sur, is that right?

I still have a few RW projects with plugins that refuse to load; namely RapidCart Pro, PlusKit 4 and Sitemap Plus (see attached).

Any news on these Plug-ins being updated for M1 compatibility? @isaiah @rob

Many thanks!

I haven’t used Rosetta, as I’ve opted to stay native. To resolve the issue I rebuilt the pages that used Formloom and Payloom, using Paysnap and Formsnap. All other functionality of Rapidweaver’s M1 Release have been working just fine.

Many have said the solution is to use Rosetta, so I suspect it comes as a standard offering on the new M1 Kacs.

1 Like

I had to download and install Rosetta on my new clean Big Sur install on a new M1 Mac Mini. I didn’t need it for RW but my Spark email client needed it which was a bit disappointing.

1 Like

If you follow the article posted above, it has links on how to install Rosetta and enable it on a per app basis.

2 Likes

Thanks @teefers ! Hopefully Foreground will make an update soon. In the mean time I can toggle the “Open using Rosetta” feature depending on which RW project I’m working on.

Thanks! I think the newer iMacs are now coming with Rosetta pre-installed. Or maybe I’m having as senior moment as I have no memory installing it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.