Possible with cms?

Hello everyone !
After quite a lot of reading, I think the answer to my question is… No ! But as I never used cms I’d like to have your real good advices.

A client wants to have that kind of page, with “big thumbnails” that are links to light boxes (or another webpage…), as you can see it if you click on the car.

And he wants to deal with it on himself.

So ; with a cms website, would it be possible to create new “big thumbnails” and link it to a new lightbox (or webpage…) for a cms client user ??? And to erase other light boxes/pages ?..

This should be doable with the Blog stacks of Total CMS. I used it here in conjunction with TopBox5 from Stacks4Stacks: Presse - Aktuelles - Weingut Ratzenberger
Just launched that client site some days ago, so there currently isn’t more there than these 3 entries. The client can add, delete or hide more of these entries. Instead of opening a details page the image (post 1) or PDF-file (posts 2 and 3) are opened in a lightbox. The content of these light boxes is also filled by the client.

1 Like

Oh ! Thank you Matthias, this is really very interesting.
In your website, when you click on the thumbnails, you have access to a lightbox with just one image. It should be possible to have text, photos and videos ?
Or maybe to open a new page (that the client could create too).

And ; in that opened page ; does the client can organise texts, photos and videos as he wants ?

As I told, I really never have used any CMS, just read about and watched videos, so I am going to watch some specific Blog Stack in Total cms.

Hi Nicolas. In my example you can open either an image or a pdf in a lightbox. You could expand this to 2 or 3 more possibilities (opening text, photos, videos or link to another page). You could even create a new page with TCMS, but in the end it’s ‘only’ a Blog Post which you can fill with content by using the built-in editor.

…in that opened page ; does the client can organise texts, photos and videos as he wants?

Well…, yes and no. You can place photos, a photo gallery or some videos, but of course not with the layout capabilities you have on a stacks page. It’s just an editor (but a relative good one)…

You can do a lot with TCMS, but not everything; so don’t expect too much. Moreover, the configuration of such a system is quite a bit of work. But with TCMS more is often possible than you think at first…

Thank you again Matthias, you’re very helpful !
Right now I have all the answers i needed :wink:
Thanks again !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.