Publishing Possible, but No Backup

(Michael M.) #1

I have a problem with one of my projects:

I can upload the site, but when the project starts to backup I get “Couldn’t upload to server”. When I export the project locally, there is no problem to upload the backup from a local directory.

Is there any explanation for this?

(Paul Russam) #2

You’re probably hitting a limitation imposed by your host on individual file size uploads. Who is your host?

(Michael M.) #3

I don’t think so. If I upload manually there is no problem to upload the backup. The hoster is 1&1 and I have a lot of websites hosted by them. Never seen that before.

(scott williams) #4

Just to be clear, you can upload the RW Project File manually via ftp? But RW back up won’t?

How big is your project file?

@PaulRussam may be correct, hosts put limits on file sizes allowed to protect themselves. I thought this was basically for php uploads but it may affect ftp also.

I would ask the host if there is a single file size upload limit.

Anyone know if the RW backup system uses ftp?

(Michael M.) #5

[quote=“swilliam, post:4, topic:11116, full:true”]
Just to be clear, you can upload the RW Project File manually via ftp? But RW back up won’t?[/quote]

It’s only the backup file that won’t be upload by RapidWeaver. Uploading by FTP tool works well, so I think it cannot be caused by limited file sizes. And it’s a really small project file (5 MB)

(scott williams) #6

I would ask @dan to chime in on this one.
…Guess I just did.

(David) #7

Could this recent post be relevant to your issue?

(Michael M.) #8

Interesting. Works now.