Publishing Possible, but No Backup

I have a problem with one of my projects:

I can upload the site, but when the project starts to backup I get “Couldn’t upload to server”. When I export the project locally, there is no problem to upload the backup from a local directory.

Is there any explanation for this?

You’re probably hitting a limitation imposed by your host on individual file size uploads. Who is your host?

I don’t think so. If I upload manually there is no problem to upload the backup. The hoster is 1&1 and I have a lot of websites hosted by them. Never seen that before.

Just to be clear, you can upload the RW Project File manually via ftp? But RW back up won’t?

How big is your project file?

@PaulRussam may be correct, hosts put limits on file sizes allowed to protect themselves. I thought this was basically for php uploads but it may affect ftp also.

I would ask the host if there is a single file size upload limit.

Anyone know if the RW backup system uses ftp?

[quote=“swilliam, post:4, topic:11116, full:true”]
Just to be clear, you can upload the RW Project File manually via ftp? But RW back up won’t?[/quote]

It’s only the backup file that won’t be upload by RapidWeaver. Uploading by FTP tool works well, so I think it cannot be caused by limited file sizes. And it’s a really small project file (5 MB)

I would ask @dan to chime in on this one.
…Guess I just did.

Could this recent post be relevant to your issue?

1 Like

Interesting. Works now.

1 Like