Questions needed for Episode 6 of The RapidWeaver Show

We’ll be recording episode 6 early next week. If you have a RapidWeaver or general website building question you’d like answered let us know here!

Cheers,
Dan

With so many different device sizes out there…Desktop, iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, 5, 6, 6S and the multiple android screen sizes, is it possible to preview more than the current four sizes currently available in RW6?

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

A couple of questions I’m curious about (as I’ve had to do them recently and want to know if I went about it correctly or not! :slight_smile:

1. I needed to re-work a site this past spring to conform to the Google’s announcement around mobile search results. It took a bit of trial and error to have the correct (new) theme showing up. Any tips for re-designing an existing site in terms of publishing the final product?
  2. What approaches do you use to demo site ideas for clients? I created a sub-domain and did it that way and worked well enough but just curious what other options there are (especially if you want to provide different theme options or something).

Thanks, Jason

I’d like to learn more about hosting video on RW sites, whether it be via a service like Vimeo or directly on the server. Perhaps information could include best practices for formats, encoding quality and even how to make the most out videos for marketing the site. Perhaps you could include some stack suggestions as well, so we really learn what options are available and what to choose.

1 Like

Thinking of topics that don’t need a screen to illustrate them, how about the whole business of managing assets… warehousing vs %resources% vs drag-and-drop… the (dis)advantages of each for portability across multiple machines; inline images; ease of updating etc?

Thanks!

I would like to know how to manage Disaster Recovery for the Rapidweaver app and all its stacks. I use a MBP for all my development and I back up project files to Dropbox but what would I do if I lost my MBP? I have an iMac as well but how do I keep it in sync with all the hundreds of stacks, plugins and themes that I’ve bought?

Great show by the way. Loving it. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks guys,

We’ve answered all of these new questions in episode 6 (due out tomorrow).

Cheers,
Dan